Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newb

Try using universal androot [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

i've done those through bluetooth port with lg download
    Favorite Quote: "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination" <Albert Einstein>

Code:
    Latest Petition:  "Do i have to pay you to teach me how to flash?"
    My Response:    "Are you seriously asking this question?"
    R29kIElzIEdvb2Q=

BABY NEWB

The account has to be active and the min mdn program in the phone to do the *228 or we use *22804

Newb

Default Basic Nam programming from Handset keyboard

I have flashed a lot of phones (usually Qualcomm chipset Lg's from Verizon or Alltel) manually. It usually takes three to five minutes and I do it either when I dont have a computer or data cable immediately available .

The following codes are used to flash to Cricket in the Phoenix Area, the SID is 4923, and ota programming is *22804. These will be different for other cities and carriers.
    The steps are :

1) Go into NAM programming (on many LG's simply Menu 0 followed by 6 digit SPC, then "Service Prg") If the SPC isnt 000000 and you cant get it it (try social engineering), this method is not for you.

2) Very Important - Make a note of the current SID (Verizon is usually 48, Alltel 55), since the PRL points to these sids (and we cannot update the PRL from the keyboard), we need to put that sid as the only entry int the Lockout SID/NID table in the phone. If the phone does not have a lockout table this method will probably not work. LG phones have an entry for "PRL ENabled" but I have never figures out how to disable the PRL - This may be an alternative to the Lockout SID table.

3) then we set the Home SID to 4923, & other desired NAM changes, then exit NAM programming and change the Settings/System entry from Automatic (A or B) to Home only, we reboot the phone (or wait a little while) and voila, the phone should have found the 4923 SID . At this point, 611 & *228 should go to Cricket (sometimes *22804 will work when 611 & *228 do not go to Cricket). When the OTA completes you will then have a cricket PRL loaded into the phone and the System Entry will go back to Automatic and the Lockout table becomes meaningless.
    Last edited by gdemi; 12-11-2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: add title

Newb

Default none

accidentally double posted - Admin please delete
    Last edited by gdemi; 12-11-2010 at 08:16 AM. Reason: accidentally double posted

Newb

Default Re: Is it possible to flash a phone without plugging it into your pc?

good thread and info guys, thanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast