Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Been using Mifi for over a year and suddenly it's stoic in roaming

I've had my 2200 for over a year and about a month ago it went into roaming (constant blue light) and speeds have been terribly slow.

I installed VZaccess and I have some type of location update available but I don't want to lose my service with any update.

When Iog into the 2200 I can't find any PRL update options.

Any ideas on how to get out of roaming mode?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Been using Mifi for over a year and suddenly it's stoic in roaming

Hi I answered your pm, I like to hear that people have devices from me that have lasted more than a year, send me the device phone number or wifi login (via pm only) and lets ck the account first.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Well rich I bought 2 at the same times and I am up overs year now too! Thanks bud!

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Hi man, your welcome, glad to hear they are kickin azzz still..
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by xwariox View Post
    I've had my 2200 for over a year and about a month ago it went into roaming (constant blue light) and speeds have been terribly slow. Any ideas on how to get out of roaming mode?
    i am in a somewhat similair situation..
    i have 2 boost mobile accounts with 2 donor phones...
    one account with a donor, extracted that info to flash an S3, also to program a sierra wireless usb598 as well as a verizon mifi 2200. My 2nd boost account also with the donor and its info to flash an htc evo 4G, also to program another usb598 as well as another verizon mifi 2200...
    All were done with the help from deathtrip back in 2014, all devices worked fine (one at a time while the other 2 were powered down & batteries removed from the device to make sure one does not accidentally turn on and now have 2 devices with the same credentials on the network..
    all has been good since 2014 and about 2 months ago, both usb598's and both mifi's have STOPPED working... however the S3 and the HTC EVO 4G continue to work just fine...
    Also about 1 month ago i decided to switch from android and go to an iPhone on boost mobile and found a guy locally that could flash or program 2 sim chips to work on both my boost mobile accounts, all he needed was the donor info which i already had.. i didnt give them to him directly, i was at the store with him and just read off all the info to him while he punched them into his program so he could "write" them to the sim.. Got that done, i purchased a sprint iphone 5C and put in one of the sim chips he programmed for me using the DONOR info and internet works just fine.. i removed that sim chip and put in the other sim chip for the other account and internet also works just fine...
    So that tells me that the donor info we extracted back in 2014 is the same and has not changed... because the sim chips have that info written to them and both have internet on the iPhone... Meanwhile the S3 and htc evo also work just fine with internet...
    So... WHY did both usb598's and both mifi 2200's just stop working....??? The only thing i can think of is that boost is now verifying the esn of the device to the profile 0 username which DO NOT match because in the past according to deathtrip evdo does not verify esn or meid ... it only verifies that prof 0 & 1 user & password match together...
    i asked him about it and he said it would be too much work to go around and hit thousands of 3G capable phones to see if their prof 0 username matches to the esn of the device ...
    In this case the S3 and the htc evo have matching esn's to its donor because we wrote those esn or meid to the phones.. But the usb598's and the mifi 2200's do not have the matching esn of its donor because again as he said, evdo does not check for that, or at least they didnt back then........

anyone have any clue as to what could have happened...??