Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newb

Exclamation Need help with flashing LG to cricket LG VX9200

(1)I've loaded my phone drivers and it is recognized in my device manager and LGNPST
    (2)Ive downloaded and installed LGNPST 1.1 Lab ver
    (3)Ive downloaded LG VX9200 DLL file
    (4) I downloaded 4199 newnew.prl <-----I dont know if this is the the right one beut I live in Chowchilla CA the prl files that I looked at many of then aren't area specific lableled just numbers, unless I'm not looking in the right place i.e Cricket section.
    (5) I go into the LGNPST directory and found the VX9200 DLL in the model folder
    (6)When LGNPST reads the phone and I select provisions to selct prl/ERI the box is grayed out
    (7) In LGNPST when I select DLL the box open up there is NO VX9200 DLL file present even though I see it in C drive LGNPST model folder.
    (8) I follow the LGNPST tutorial on how to load the DLL file to the letter to no avail
    (9) I have the same issue with the prl file and seriously dont know if it the right one.
    (10) Can I use any phone number just to get through the flash then edit it when I activate the phone?
    (11) Register the dll? how to I do that? Ive also searched for that subject too
    (12) am I not using the right software? Have I failed a step(s)?
    I'm determined to figure this out but I need a helping hand as well, I want to Thank everyone in advance.

Lastly, I hope that I posted this in the right section, if not please forgive me I'm trying hard to figure out this site and what post goes where. So please have a little patients.

Thank you
    Last edited by funlovin; 08-21-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Apprentice

Right click your dll and go to register.

Lastly, I hope that I posted this in the right section, if not please forgive me I'm trying hard to figure out this site and what post goes where. So please have a little patients.

Thank you
    Yup you got it in the right place this time buddy.
    As mentioned right click then click register, also this needs to be done while in the models folder. If your still having problems let us know. As for using any number, yes you can program anything from 1234567890 for the phone # and MIN, but keep in mind that you will need to go back and change some things after activation like for WAP/MMS setting.
    For the PRL you will need to experiment and see what connects in your area. After *228 it will update it to a new one for your area. and also if it doesn't *228 successfully try a different PRL.

Now on a side note would you like me to merge you other two threads on this subject with this thread to make future searches easier?

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    For the PRL you will need to experiment and see what connects in your area. After *228 it will update it to a new one for your area. and also if it doesn't *228 successfully try a different PRL.
    No to Hijack the thread... but since you mention the *228. Maybe they could try the other *228's such as *22801 *22802 *22803 etc. Which one should be used for Cricket, *22807?

Newb

I just tried to register the VX9200 DLL every time I try to register it I get a error, I even tried to reinstall it and restart my laptop and I still get the same error so at this point im stuck as what to do any suggestions? I even tried to register a VX9100 DLL file and I get the same error. I thought that itt was a problem with my windows registry and there isn't issues there so 'im stuck, what is the next step to get going?
    Last edited by funlovin; 08-21-2010 at 02:52 PM.

have you tried to do it manually...? Such as:

regsvr32 C:\LGVX9200.dll

Your path to the file might be too long or have bad char's in it... try registering the file elsewhere while leaving a copy in the right place.

you could also register it like an EXE...

<WindowsKey> + <R>
    "C:\PATH\Program.exe" /REGSERVER
    <ENTER>

There probably wont be any message
    Last edited by Guest; 08-21-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast