Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

Electrics modification has been a hobby of mine for about as long as I can remember.

I am here to expand my knowledge, make contacts and help others out. I may provide a solution freely and publicly, it may be provided only to the board or the user, who knows... I never know until I read what I have written.

I am not here to put anyone down (break out in song) hey hey, we're the Monkeys<Mafia>, people say we money <hack> around, but we're to busy singing<Flashing>, to put anybody DOOOOWWWWWNNNN. P.S. That isn't a claim that I am in the CM, however I did customize the Treo 600 for cricket back in the days when that was a new(er) phone. I didn't use cricket, so it wasn't for my own use.

I can be picky about what I call certain things. Example, I don't call it 'flashing' when referring to loading PRL's, ERI's or other NAM information any more often then using the same term to describe the transfer of files to a USB flash drive. I also don't care what others call it, to each their own. I use other terms that are less proper such as 'provision', or sometimes I say 'configure', 'program' or just 'load'. I do refer to the act of loading a firmware as 'flashing'. Directly changing just portions of the firmware while it's loaded into the phone is 'patching', the same thing as if done to a firmware file stored on your PC. Since I am ranting about terms, if I say 'PC' or 'Machine', I am talking about any normal computer, despite the operating system. If I say 'puter' then somehow you ticked me off, and lastly if I say 'Mainframe' then I'm probably just messing with you. If someone wants to specify that they are using a Mac, IBM, HP or whatever, I don't care. I don't think that the computer limits people as much as the user limits the computer. So, I guess I took that topic overboard, oh well. The point is, if in a conversation I don't use the same terms you used, no offense is intended, even if the conversation goes back and forth like that.

If you think I can help, just ask. If I think I can help, I'll probably be reading what I have written before I know it.