Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default [ROM] [WIP] Custom rom for Moto Droid users on MetroPCS (Based off CM6)

I have decided not to build a ROM anymore. Instead, I have been working on the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] so that you can use almost ANY ROM (including CM6) with MetroPCS AND Cricket, yes, the Proxy Configuration Tool for Alternate Carriers will also support Cricket.

As you can see, the Proxy Configuration Tool for Alternate Carriers is an open-source project and you can contribute to it.

Here's the current TODO list:

- BUG: Proxy actually not updating properly when setting it through the sqlite db.
    - Find out the correct ip for the mms proxy server for both MetroPCS and Cricket.
    - Find out the correct network interface used by the Motorola Droid on FroYo.
    - Find out the correct eri.xml file for cricket.

- Setup screen first time it runs & check for the following on every boot.
    - Automatically setup APN.
    - Check build.prop and modify it if it's needed (backup too) (ask for restart if modified)
    - Check /data/eri.xml and install the new one if it's needed (backup too) (ask for restart if installed)
    - Check for u2nl binary, if not available install it in /system/bin/, it's in the assets folder. (ask for restart if installed)
    - Check for sqlite3 binary, if not available install it in /system/xbin/, it's in the assets folder. (ask for restart if installed)
    - Drop database tables and replace them with appropriate Carrier Settings in: /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db
    - Document, organize and maybe improve configuration screen.

- It needs a better icon.

As you see, at this point is not complete, mostly due to the fact that the Proxy is not changing properly unless you reboot. It must be a stupid mistake on my part. I have been really busy lately and I have only been working on this when I get some free time, I figured somebody could contribute to this

If you'd like to test it go to the github link [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and click on the Downloads tab and there should be an alpha version in there. I'll be building new versions whenever I clear out any of the items in the TODO list above.

Thank you.
    Last edited by velazcod; 09-14-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Newb

The built rom above only works for the Droid Incredible. For some reason the forum is not letting me edit the OP.