Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Missing apps / Apps not working ???

I recently flashed a Sprint BB 8330m to Cricket. A bit of a hassle, but I got it working (for the most part). I upgraded to the $55 plan, had my account refreshed, and now I have SMS, MMS, Phone, and the BB browser has access to the internet. Heck, the cricket store even listed the phone as a 'BlackBerry 8530 cricket device'.

But for some reason (that I can't figure out) no apps that I've installed will work.
    I've tried WeatherEye, BBweather, Opera mini browser 5 and 4.2 (v4.2 was closest to working).
    I do not even see any sort of email app on the phone or BB Maps. Shouldn't these be pre-loaded? Does this have something to do with my Service Books?

Also, up by the signal strength it only says 1x.
    What should it say?
    "If I have been able to see farther than others, it was because I stood on the shoulders of giants." ~Sir Isaac Newton

Old Timer

I don't believe you can get apps on a flashed blackberry at all. I don't know of a workaround for this at this time. It might download the apps and all of that but it will check your bb reg ID and see if it is valid to run it. If the validation fails then you won't be able to run the app.

That is my opinion at least. I could be wrong. Your internet and picture messaging will work though.

The same applies for metro pcs. A flashed device will not have access to apps other then int/mms talk and text. However you can get email. I posted a link here on GURUS for logic mail.

I'm actually having trouble with logic mail too. Must be my settings. I use Gmail...
    "If I have been able to see farther than others, it was because I stood on the shoulders of giants." ~Sir Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by invintive View Post
    I recently flashed a Sprint BB 8330m to Cricket. A bit of a hassle, but I got it working (for the most part). I upgraded to the $55 plan, had my account refreshed, and now I have SMS, MMS, Phone, and the BB browser has access to the internet. Heck, the cricket store even listed the phone as a 'BlackBerry 8530 cricket device'.

But for some reason (that I can't figure out) no apps that I've installed will work.
    I've tried WeatherEye, BBweather, Opera mini browser 5 and 4.2 (v4.2 was closest to working).
    I do not even see any sort of email app on the phone or BB Maps. Shouldn't these be pre-loaded? Does this have something to do with my Service Books?

Also, up by the signal strength it only says 1x.
    What should it say?
    Well I see a couple of things here that are off but won't matter much because if the app goes through the BIS server it won't work. First for apps to function they will need the HTML data for most of them. You'll need the $60 plan, but keep in mind that you won't have BIS service. Now for the 1x that sound like a PRL issue or location issue.

You could try a program called wifix and see if that will help with some apps. But keep in mind if it goes through BIS you won't have it.

So, if I change my PRL will I have to reactivate the phone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast