Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default Now that cricket sells Blackberries ...Will BBM and push email work on flashed BBs?

Anyone know if flashed Blackberries will fully work now that Cricket sells blackberries and provides push email on the one sold through cricket? That would be a big plus!

Quote Originally Posted by winryan View Post
    Anyone know if flashed Blackberries will fully work now that Cricket sells blackberries and provides push email on the one sold through cricket? That would be a big plus!
    I don't think so. To my understanding to go through the bis server the device needs a pin, the current pin the device is from the original carrier. Then also from what I heard to get the pin the original carrier needs to release it and then cricket would need to summit it to the bis server.
    I could be wrong but I read that over on ho-fo somewhere about one of the MVNO's.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    I don't think so. To my understanding to go through the bis server the device needs a pin, the current pin the device is from the original carrier. Then also from what I heard to get the pin the original carrier needs to release it and then cricket would need to summit it to the bis server.
    I could be wrong but I read that over on ho-fo somewhere about one of the MVNO's.
    That is kind of a bummer lol
    My only crime is bending phones to my will...
    Well maybe not my ONLY crime

Whitey is right. However I do have an app that will allow you to send and receive email. its called Logicmail. Ill post it here in a jiffy! Wow I just said Jiffy. How LAIM!!LOL

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by pacecomm1 View Post
    Whitey is right. However I do have an app that will allow you to send and receive email. its called Logicmail. Ill post it here in a jiffy! Wow I just said Jiffy. How LAIM!!LOL
    In all of this mess, it has been a nightmare getting a straight answer from Cricket about this. I was told on both their Facebook and Twitter accounts that we just needed to go in to the store to upgrade. Then of course on my arrival i find it was a completely different story, ultimately the rep ended up blaming RIM for it lol.

Here's the deal, Cricket has an agreement with blackberry to only support talk and text no web no mms and no full functionality. While I believe that web and mms will always be atainable by the flashing community, but full functionality (without BES because cricket only supports BIS) will might be able to be done with ESN repairs only. A guy who works with me had been on the $60 rate plan previously and when the BB was released we tinkered with his phone and got AppWorld and GPS BB Messenger and many other things but that stopped working 2 days ago. So to answer your question NO but there is an option if you repair an ESN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast