Join Today

Site Sponsor

Default Sprint Palm Pre + QxDM + screwed up MEID = "Error response received..."

Long story, but to keep it short so far...

• I'm running Qinray's 1.0.3 webOS ROM.
    • I have successfully and can successfully enter Diagnostic mode.
    • QxDM recognizes the device and can run repair scripts.
    • The ESN is reported as 0x00000000.
    • MEID is reported as an incorrect MEID on the device [not matching to info I have for the device]. Should be A10000064..... but apparently is A00000... - from my lookup, someone before me cloned the stupid thing to another carrier and must have botched something up.
    • I'm trying to repair it back to the A10000064.. MEID that came with the device.

Namely, I'm trying to write the correct MEID back to the Pre with QxDM. I've ran the "recovery" script found throughout the web - but as soon as I give 'er the RequestNVItemWrite meid... various locations re-propagate with the old MEID and the phone refuses to write the proper one back onto the phone.

I've tried re-re-re-Doctoring the device, but I just can't get anything to work. All I want is to get this accursed thing working again... any ideas? [Please don't kill me T.T;]

I can tell you that CDMA WS will be the easiest pst to use. I personally don't do much with QXDM.

Can you use CDMA WS? I was always under the impression that you had to use themanual QXDM method. Hell Im probably wrong cuz ive never tried.

Well now that's a good question, I've never had the misfortune of doing an ESN repair on one. So I also could be wrong.
    "Heck, I personally Hate anything from Palm/USRobotics Megahetz Corporation. and yes that is who the parent company is."

Quote Originally Posted by pacecomm1 View Post
    Can you use CDMA WS? I was always under the impression that you had to use themanual QXDM method. Hell Im probably wrong cuz ive never tried.
    I'd love to. I can't afford $100 for a piece of software that'll expire after a year, so that's out of the question.

Working minimum wage with %@#% for hours doesn't help, either.

/one little repair and the @#%# demo wouldn't let me do it, either

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    Well now that's a good question, I've never had the misfortune of doing an ESN repair on one. So I also could be wrong.
    "Heck, I personally Hate anything from Palm/USRobotics Megahetz Corporation. and yes that is who the parent company is."
    I've done it on a Treo 650 before. Worst nine #$@% hours of my life.
    Run the CDMA Updater PRC. Back up the NV. Reset. Screw with files on MicroSD back and forth back and forth. Run the stupid updater AGAIN. Repeat this for those nine hours and you'll see how I got from 0xFFFFFFFF to 0x00000000 and then back to 0x0000FFFF and then 0x36...
    Last edited by dragonfli; 08-01-2010 at 09:41 PM.
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LG, the hooker on a boat givin' it up for free[/FONT]

Newb

I have the same issue with one of my Pre Plus phones. But the MEID reads correctly in some areas and not others. I want to do a complete NVRAM dump from another phone and back it up to this one. Then restore the MEID to their original values. Do you think that would work?