Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Novatel mifi 5510 jetpack

Hey,

New member here just registered when I was conducted to these devices by a close friend who swears by these things I currently don't have a use for this becuase I have pretty affordable comcast internet and dont use much data while I'm out. However, my boyfriend has a couple of siblings who are constatnly struggling with homeowrks and internet connectivity becuase they cannot afford it. He personally pays around $90 to get unlimited data from T-mobile, but seems like his speeds are still reduced. I spend a lot of my time over at his place and would live to take this device over to them and try it out I found one over on EBAY for $83 and I was wondering if anyone here had some input on it is this trust worthy or should I expect it to stop working right away? and advice is appreciated and many thanks in advance. Also if there is a way to do this on my own once I have purchased the first one this could also be helpful for me in cases of emergency I get by with about 1 gb of data a month which is not a huge deal to me since I really don't use it but it would be great to have some back up data for emergencies. Thanks a bunch!

Here are the details posted on the ebay posting:

VERIZON NOVATEL MIFI 5510
    Full Flashed TO UNLIMITED 3G Verizon

FLASHED TO VERIZON PREPAID

UNLIMITED 3G INTERNET

THIS DEVICE WILL NOT THROTTLE OR GO DOWN LIKE OTHERS.

2 MONTH'S FREE!

Connect up to 5 devices

$5 Monthly

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

-A

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Novatel mifi 5510 jetpack

be careful of anyone who says "THIS DEVICE WILL NOT THROTTLE OR GO DOWN LIKE OTHERS. "
    because its simply not true, that is not up to anyone but big red, it was not long ago that they knocked EVERY SINGLE mifi on a 5 dollar plan off there network and do not let this person fool you into thinking that he/she can dictate if or when they will do it again. there is nothing anyone can do except try to fix or find away around any changes verizon may make to there network, so that seems to me to be a bit of a lie to sell some devices, what you should look for is a seller that will stand behind his warranty if it does happen again.
    in my tenure in the mifi world it seems that march is when they normally make changes to there switch although they did just change there prepaid rate plans 6 weeks ago as well.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

I did the Ebay thing before, I tried on my own...Then I just sent mine into Rich, his prices are just as competitive and the best part his this guy is always available and has a legit store front. Just note, pending location the speed will not be that great I can say that. But for me I have a tmobile and I use it when im on the road sometimes driving 6hrs a day. What this works best with is pandora, spotify and also the coolest thing is since tmobile has wifi calling when you connect to the mifi you know can make calls where you normally wouldn't have tmobile service. So it really helps with me because the routes I travel I dont have great cell service so the mifi helps and the wifi calling is topnotch on my phone connected to it.

Newb

Thank you so much for the input guys. Did not make the purchase and before I do I plan on doing some research first . I appreciate your help preventing what could have been a quick $85 down the drain.