Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Lol i have a dont give a fucc attitude on backgrounds on phones never have police came. Always remember take off all custom cases wipe the phone put into airplane mode reload software or restore to factory settings to get rid of any tracing software put a cricket prl on it. Turn location off on droids phones. I buy all phones at a cheap price passwords on them whatever lol. I dont ask question i trust my customers. i tell the officer it was a false report. Cause i could sell a phone then report it stolen. So who to say who is lying.

I would certainly suspect that IDing potential sellers would generally be enough to scare away most would-be criminals. However, this is not going to stop all of them. There is always the potential of the "third-party" transactions. Inasmuch, there is little that you can do to prevent it 100% if you buy used phones. One of the companies for which I work doesn't ID customers, instead they check the phone's ESN on Verizon's website. The other is a pawn show / cell phone provider, so they not only ID, but also enter the information from that ID into the computer catalog where it will be stored permanently. In both cases, we've ended up with stolen phones.
    A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life.
    That is an honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.

Author Unknown

Premium Member

I always check with the provider. I have a deal with a local verizon store where they work with me. Also a photo copy of thier id will go along way in preventing people from selling stolen phones. Lastly I have extensive camera's and a big ass hard drive. lol

Newb

Default Re: Buying in used phones off the street

Just thought I'd share what we do at my store and how effective my strictness is with purchasing used phones:

Right from the start we inform the customer if the phone is lost or stolen WE WILL CALL THE POLICE, also we will take a photo copy of your drivers license. (We copy the customers I.D. onto a pre-typed selling agreement) This agreement is the best thing I could EVER advise you to do. It states basically, if the phone is reported lost or stolen, insurance claim, fraud, etc. You will basically have all but a swat team at your door. I even put in the agreement that the phone will not be available after the conclusion of the deal, as well as a disclaimer about their personal information left on the phone. We are not held responsible for any data left on the device, etc. etc. Customer has a line to date, sign, and put contact number. Employee signature is also required. DO THIS! Keep records of all of this, and be known for running a straight-laced business. My competitors don't do anything close to what I enforce to my knowledge, clearly that is why we have a different reputation and have the respect from corp stores, indirect dealers, and individuals.

I've got to let you all know that when you put fear into someone, ask a few questions about is this your phone or a "friends phone" etc. etc. and talk about the underlined text above, it's amazing how many people walk away with that same phone in their hand BEFORE YOU EVEN RUN THE ESN. Avoid conflict and stay legit. If your not involved with a non legit phone, your hands are clean, so keep them that way.

Open accounts with all the providers you sell for, get the lowest rate plans you possibly can. You can always call in to customer service for free but time is money, utilize these accounts and get your answer in less than 3 minutes yourself, if that. You get what you pay for, the cheap route will only cost you valuable time. $250 a month for 4 main carriers, get burned on 2 or 3 androids it easily paid for itself. Just wanted to share with anyone that wanted to read up on staying legit and running a honest business. Issues with lost or theft phones reported and not reported....... 5 years there has been ZERO!!!!! Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123