Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I feel ya Cap, but i will tell you this, if anyone can find a way I garuantee it will be someone from this squad right here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cappii View Post
    I'm not sure where the information came from that the companies can't tell whether or not you are calling in a blackberry, but I can tell you that it is purely false. They can tell. It's all in the MEID. Page Plus, for instance, via Verizon, of course, has their activation portal designed so that if you try to activate a BB, it simply denies the activation. The same goes for Verizon Paygo phones. Don't be disillusioned into thinking that you're getting one by Ma Bell... you're not.
    Your imput is appreciated, CricKet does not currently have a system in place to ID devices by the MEID/ESN. When you compare cricket to big red it is apples and oranges. But I am sure that once cricket gets up to date and in this century they may figure things like that out.

On a side note I had two blackberries I flashed last week that the customer were both told by the cricket corp store they could not be activated. I found a work around for this. I send them in with one of my old Lingos to get the account activated then I do an ESN change to the BB. It's worked twice and I hope it keeps working.

Err, uhh you mean ESN "repair" Whitey. Please refer to the rules or I will have to banish your global privelages and turn you into a minion! lol

Nope no "repair", they activate the cricket branded phone to start the account. Then in CID we change the ESN to the BB and under model we use the QA30 or one of the others. No "repairs" or illegal activity here.

I know buddy i m just messing with you! I ve been using the same method for the longest time. Best way to get things done when you are in a pinch.

Anyone have any problems with BBs on the ip address change last week? I have someone telling me they had to buy a new flash pack for BBs because of the change. I think he's misinformed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast