Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by HeshWantsCandy View Post
    alright so earlier i got my hands on cdma workshop 2.7, using that i acquired and changed the spc so i could edit some nam settings. i changed MIN and Dir_number to my cricket phone number, i also changed Name to Cricket, MCC to 310, MNC to 16, SID to 4945, and NID to 2. the phone now goes to cricket service when i dial *2 and a voice tells me to wait a minute while my phone is programmed.. then 3 seconds later tells me it's sorry my phone can't be programmed. am i missing/over looking something else i need? or do i just need to take it in and just get it activated now that it goes on crickets network? bottom line - i want the rumor 2 to become THE phone on my already existing cricket number..
    Yes, if the phone isn't activated, it won't program and you won't be able to make calls. As for your settings, I always have the NID at 65535, MCC is 310 and the MNC is 00. I have rarely even had to change those.

Newb

alright so i stopped by a corporate cricket store and brought the rumor 2 in with all my settings still the same as my previous post. told the guy i want to start using this phone on my existing plan, he asked if its for cricket and i said it was cricket ready... he took it for a minute, did his thing and handed it back sayin there ya go yer all good. the phone is now active on my line, texting and talking perfectly

Newb

Thumbs up Re: lookin for help sprint to cricket

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    For a basic talk and text, it's fairly simple. and this is very brief tutorial.
    install the drivers
    install CDMA WS 2.7 cracked
    connect the phone so the computer reads the phone

in CDMA WS
    connect to the com port
    click the read button
    choose security tab
    find the SPC area choose LG Method and click read. This should give you the six digit SPC.
    Now click the SPC button and send to phone. "Should now be unlocked"
    now change that to six 0's and click SPC, write.
    Now goto the other tab click PRL click write and choose your PRL file.
    Now goto NAM tab and make the needed changes there.

There's your basic talk/text flash.
    I've been reading these forums all night trying to figure out how to flash my girlfriends Sprint LG Rumor 2. I'm an IT professional and have the posts on this board left my baffled, confused or sent me on wild goose chases and dead links. Your post was the best most straight forward and so far seems to have worked perfect. I'm about to go to my local Cricket store and get the $35 talk/text plan for her as soon as the open.

I can dial *2 and *228 and get Cricket now so I think everything should be good when I get to the store. It won't program, but I believe that's because the MDN is set to her old Sprint number since we don't have a cricket account yet.

I just wanted to say thanks for your help.

Default Re: lookin for help sprint to cricket

*228 is a silly waste of time IMO, just load the newest prl and no need to dial *228. BTW I dont *228 any phone other than the eris and that is to bypass actiwation.
    Retired

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12