Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default UM100 Broadband modem drivers.

Does anyone happen to have the drivers for the UM100 Broadband modem? That would very much be appreciated.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Um100 oem disk and drivers

OK,HERE YOU GO.THIS IS THE DISK THAT COMES WITH THE MODEM CONTAINING THE REQUESTED DRIVERS.

(new working link)

[hide-thanks]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [/hide-thanks]
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 05-05-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Newb

Default Re: UM100 Broadband modem drivers.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Cricket's EV-DO network works on the 850-, 1,900-, and 1,700-MHz bands, depending upon your location. It covers many major cities, including Philadelphia, Chicago, Las Vegas, and San Diego, as well as some smaller cities such as Tucson, Arizona, and Wichita, Kansas, and a number of places in Texas. Cricket's EV-DO does not cover New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or anywhere in New England or Florida, however.

A rounded, black USB dongle with green highlights, the 1.28-ounce A600 measures 3.36 by 1.43 by 0.51 inches (HWD); it's bigger than the latest Sprint and Verizon modems (like the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], for example) but it doesn't feel huge. The USB port is tucked away behind a little sliding door. The A600's standout feature (and an unusual one) is its on-device signal indicator, which displays signal strength with four bars on the body of the modem itself. You also get a microSD memory card slot, but like many slots in EV-DO modems it transfers files at about one-tenth the speed of a dedicated card reader. There's no connector on the modem to attach external antennas.
    The A600 works with Windows XP and Vista, or Mac OS 10.3.9 or later. Drivers and software are on the device. Plug it in and it pops up as a USB drive on your desktop with the installer application. Cricket's Windows connection application works relatively smoothly, and has a neat feature: It can connect in NDIS mode as well as dial-up mode, so the modem can appear as an Ethernet connection. The software also supports text messaging.
    In seven rounds of tests conducted in different locations around Philadelphia, the A600's speed was extremely close to the UM100C's. That surprised me; like the latest modems on Sprint and Verizon, the A600 uses the relatively new Qualcomm QSC6085 chipset, but the UM100C uses the older MSM6800. Both modems had much lower speeds than the EV-DO Rev A technology allows, which makes me think speed is being regulated by Cricket's network, not by the devices.
    The A600 delivered an average download speed of 538 kilobits per second and peaked at 787 Kbps, compared with the UM100C's average of 559 Kbps and peak of 739 Kbps. Those speeds resemble the ones for the older, slower EV-DO Rev 0 technology, but upload speeds show that this is really Rev A: The A600 averaged 502 Kbps and the UM100C 409 Kbps, whereas Rev 0 can run uploads at only around 153 Kbps.
    Although Cricket has the same 5GB monthly data cap as other cellular carriers, unlike AT&T and Verizon, which threaten to charge you for additional data usage, Cricket just slows down your connection for the remainder of the month after you've reached the 5GB point. The carrier hasn't specified by how much, but my suspicion is that you'll find yourself with the equivalent of a 1X connection, or about 100 Kbps.

Newb

please, can you upload the Um100 oem disk and drivers to another site? when i followed the link it said that the whole megaupload site has been siezed by fbi? i still use this modem, but i reloaded my os, and now i cant find my cd.

Newb

thank you smitty

BABY NEWB BABY NEWB

Default Re: Um100 oem disk and drivers

Is there any way to get an updated link please? This one no longer works ... thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    OK,HERE YOU GO.THIS IS THE DISK THAT COMES WITH THE MODEM CONTAINING THE REQUESTED DRIVERS.

(new working link)

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast