Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default Help fixing wifi tether on cricket flashed droid

I just reflashed my droid, and haven't found much on exactly how to fix wifi tether. I have bugless beast v.4 2.1 rom. Flashed to cricket I am using chevy1 1ghz kernal, and I am getting :lodaing tiwlan_drv.ko,activating wifi, setting adhoc mode, setting essid, and setting channel all failed. If somone could please share how they got theirs to work. Also if there is a difference between fixing it on a 2.1 rom, and a 2.2 rom. Any help would be very appreciated.. Thanks!
    Hopeful up and coming flash guru Grateful for all the guidance along the way...

Old Timer

Wow. is there not a resolution for this yet. I thought wifi had been figured out on the droid flashes. I only opened this thread because I had found some vague descriptions but nothing that actually tells people what the fix is, and I know alot of other people that don't know either. Again any input is always appreciated..

you need to have a kernel that supports netfiler in order for wifitether to work correctly.
    hint*
    look for a rom with wifi tether included in /system/
    most likely it has a kernel that supports netfiler.
    good luck
    Favorite Quote: "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination" <Albert Einstein>

Code:
    Latest Petition:  "Do i have to pay you to teach me how to flash?"
    My Response:    "Are you seriously asking this question?"
    R29kIElzIEdvb2Q=

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by lj27416 View Post
    you need to have a kernel that supports netfiler in order for wifitether to work correctly.
    hint*
    look for a rom with wifi tether included in /system/
    most likely it has a kernel that supports netfiler.
    good luck
    Thanks for the help!! I did that both with a rom that included wifi tether and still got numerous errors, and also used many kernals that were said to support wifi tether and nothing. Could you recommend a kernal to use that is confirmed to work. Also is this the ONLY thing needed. The phone was fully functional when on 2.0.1 since the update the only issue is wifitether. This is maybe another reason for this thread. There's alot of things out there but nothing I have found that says to use this and do this and it will work. Everything so far has been very vague. As always any and all help is appreciated.

Johnny What ROM and Kernel are you running also you talk about an update, was that the OTA update. Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling wifi tether?

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    Johnny What ROM and Kernel are you running also you talk about an update, was that the OTA update. Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling wifi tether?

Sorry I listed it in the first post. Here they are I have bugless beast v.4, 2.1 rom. Flashed to cricket I am using chevy1 1ghz kernal, and I am getting tiwlan_drv.ko,activating wifi, setting adhoc mode, setting essid, and setting channel all failed. All I meant by the update was that I had 2.0.1 working perfectly. Then I updated to the bugless beast rom and now I lost wifi. I have tried other kernals that said they supported wifi tethering and got the same thing. I searched about netfiler as well, but nothing really saying what to do. Or how to fix the wifitethering. ????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast