Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default Hijack Split>> Closed. Samsung I760

just wondering...im new here and i just got myself a i760 samsung frm verizon but i wantd to learn the flashing process myself...any tips for fresh beginners?

Old Timer

When I started out I read, searched, and then read some more to learn how to flash. The phone you are starting with has a tutorial right here on CDMA Gurus.

The flashing community as a whole is very helpful in making sure you get your phone flashed and where you can pick up knowledge all of the time. Here on Gurus, we steer you in the right direction without holding your hand throughout the whole process. If you search for a solution you will find it on here or some other forum. You don't receive infractions on here or get banned for not searching and asking dumb questions, however, we tend to police ourselves by simply not answering posts from leachers or from those that haven't a clue and want everything handed to them.

This was not meant as a slight toward you at all so don't take it that way. Just giving you some solid advice. If you read, search, and read some more, it won't be long before you are a contributing member on one of these fine forums.

Good luck. Happy flashing. These are the two sites you need to become a successful flasher: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Agreed 100%

Newb

I tried flashing the i760 with the software solution on the Samsung website and bricked the phone! Got on the horn and complained to their technical support that the phone was bricked by trying to flash THEIR upgrade off THEIR site and asked them what solution they had available for me. The phone had been out of warranty for a couple years. Before the end of the call they had emailed a USPS prepaid mailing label to have me send the phone to them for a flash. 12 days later I had it back from their facility in Texas, good as new. ....Now it's time to make it even BETTER!!!
    Last edited by smaug; 06-28-2010 at 02:05 AM. Reason: missed including some important info

Newb

hello, I'm not new to flashing, but i am new to flashing lg phones, i used to flash my old motorola phones with rsd lite and monster packs. it appears flashing lg phones is much much different so i'm here looking for help.

I have a LG ux840 tritan, a data cable, laptop with windows 7 professional.

i downloaded lgnpst and installed it, i downloaded the lg tritan drivers, but lgnpst won't read my phone. can someone help me with that? and once i do get lgnpst to read my phone, where would i find a full flash solution for alltel?

EDIT: ok so i now have lgnpst to detect my tritan, BUT it doesn't actually read that its a tritan, it says model: UNKNOWN. I installed the drivers correctly i believe, i read somewhere that the sbc needed to be all 0's and i made sure it was all 0's so i don't know what i can do to make it read its my lg tritan. i NEED to flash it to alltel otherwise i can't use this phone, its currently not set to any network at all.

thanks a ton,
    xetan2
    Last edited by xetan2; 06-28-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Premium Member

You may have to manually select the dll to load. However, not all usb drivers work well with windows 7. XP is really best for flashing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast