Join Today

Site Sponsor

Thread: Mifi 4510l

Newb

Default Mifi 4510l

I would like to flash my mifi 4510, can someone comment on how long the flash works for with the verizon unlimited 3G please? Is it something that needs to be flashed every so often or is one time enough?

Thanks for the input!

Apprentice

Default Re: Mifi 4510l

you will have to send that device in for flashing you wont be able to do it yourself..

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

flashed mifis have, have had, and always will have issues when they are put on "cheap" plans like we do, its a cat and mouse game much like apple and the jailbreaks, you know a solution gets made then the carrier sets there team of little minions on it to block that solution with an update be it to there system or device firmware, then devs start making a new solution just to have the whole thing repeat in an endless cycle. "job security" for some lol.

having said that flashes very to a great extent by whom ever is doing the flash, some will run circles around others as far as speed, connectivity, and overall performance depending again on whom ever is doing the flash, some guys write user names and passwords and call it good, while others spend more time and write other fields or other parts of the devices memory or filesystem in an effort to make the device perform better and stay up longer.

but this true with mifis no matter who does the flashing--- your device will go down sometime(i personally guarantee it)
    sooner or later your carrier or yourself will make that happen, period! its fact.
    the 3 devices i have been using stayed up for a year for me until march when 2 of them went down due to big red killing those accounts, and i can tell you i flashed them to the best of my ability to no avail.
    so be prepared to deal with that because they are not done messing with the mifi people yet.its life, if you want device that will stay up forever then its simple, put it on regular plan and pay 125 a month for unlimited lte and dont try to get something for nothing and it will stay for as long as you pay the bill.

the "something for nothing" plan we put the mifis on is great but you gotta take the good with the bad and be prepared to deal with some bs because sooner or later it happens to all flashed mifis.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    flashed mifis have, have had, and always will have issues when they are put on "cheap" plans like we do, its a cat and mouse game much like apple and the jailbreaks, you know a solution gets made then the carrier sets there team of little minions on it to block that solution with an update be it to there system or device firmware, then devs start making a new solution just to have the whole thing repeat in an endless cycle. "job security" for some lol.

having said that flashes very to a great extent by whom ever is doing the flash, some will run circles around others as far as speed, connectivity, and overall performance depending again on whom ever is doing the flash, some guys write user names and passwords and call it good, while others spend more time and write other fields or other parts of the devices memory or filesystem in an effort to make the device perform better and stay up longer.

but this true with mifis no matter who does the flashing--- your device will go down sometime(i personally guarantee it)
    sooner or later your carrier or yourself will make that happen, period! its fact.
    the 3 devices i have been using stayed up for a year for me until march when 2 of them went down due to big red killing those accounts, and i can tell you i flashed them to the best of my ability to no avail.
    so be prepared to deal with that because they are not done messing with the mifi people yet.its life, if you want device that will stay up forever then its simple, put it on regular plan and pay 125 a month for unlimited lte and dont try to get something for nothing and it will stay for as long as you pay the bill.

the "something for nothing" plan we put the mifis on is great but you gotta take the good with the bad and be prepared to deal with some bs because sooner or later it happens to all flashed mifis.
    Nice write up Rich, using a flashed mifi device is like buying a used car with a tail light warranty. When the car drives away and you can no longer see the tail lights, the warranty is over. lol

Newb

Thanks for the explanation Rich!

Apprentice

Right on..the bad thing is for those who resell. You can explain to buyers all you want and even have them sign..but when there's issues, they will want 100% back! That is why some charge for the time and expertise on the flash , and not for the duration of the authentication