Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default HTC Hero PST settings!!(Data Settings for Cricket)to get WEB to work

Ok I'm Finally going to help everybody out with flashing this phone. This phone gave me so many problems and I figured that it gave other people problems. And Yes this Works for Sprint Hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So Lets Begin First you will need the following Items

1. Cdma-Workshop (Any Build) i will not post.....hint....Search
    2. Qpst v2.7 build 323 (I have attached this)
    3. Htc Hero DIAG Drivers (I Have Attached This)
    4. Htc Sync (Its On The Link At The Bottom)
    5. BetterCut or Anycut ( I have made a link for...Anycut)

Ok Now that we have the Files Lets Start Flashing

1. Press ##DIAG# (##3424) on your phone You will see a screen Pop Up Thats Normal
    2. Now plug The phone up to the computer and it will try and find the drivers but it will fail or ask you to locate the drivers manually so make sure you remember where you unzipped the files
    3. Once you have that setup Go to Cdma-Workshop Go To the port the phone is on and Read From the Phone and go to the Security Tab.....and On the Spc Section Read The lock Code and write it to back to the phone so it says unlocked Then make the code 000000 and rewrite the code so it says sucess.
    4. Now Close Cdma-Workshop and Open QPST Configuration Click On The Ports Tab and Add New Port ( Make Sure Show Serial and Usb/QC Diag Ports Only is Unchecked) and Add The Port Of Your Hero.
    5.Highlight Your Port and Click Start Client and Start Service programming and Press Read From Phone The SPC should be all 0's so click on the M.I.P. Tab and Change The Mobile IP Behavior To Simple Ip. Edit The M.I.P. Profiles at the Top. Your NAI and Tethered NAI should be (your10digitnumber@mymetropcs.com or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    6. Next Click On The PPP Config Tab and Click the UM Button your user id should be (your10digitnumber@mymetropcs.com or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) and the password and tethered NAI should be metropcs or cricket Do the Same For the AN Button and press Write to Phone It should Give You a Error But Dont Worry About It
    7. Press ##DATA# (##3282#) And Setup your Data for your phone and press menu and Commit So your phone Will Reboot
    8. Install BetterCut or AnyCut on your phone and open it Press New ShortCut And Go To Activity It make take a couple of minutes for it to appear but when it Does Go down to Proxy Setting and Click It. It Will Ask for a Name make it whatever you want to. It should say shortcut created sucessfully. Go to your Home Screen and it should be somewhere on there press it and Edit it For Cricket It should be HostNAME: wap.mycricket.com And Port Should be 8080 and for Metropcs HostName: wap.metropcs.net and Port Should Be 3128.

**Forgot who originally posted this, but its not my solution, enjoy**

Drivers: [hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][/hide-thanks]

htc sync: [hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][/hide-thanks]

anycut: [hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][/hide-thanks]

QPST: [hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][/hide-thanks]
    QPST pass is: cdma-king.com
    Last edited by bigglou23; 05-22-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Default Re: Htc hero flash: talk, text and web

Also this works for the New Droid eris

except ##DATA# doesnt work on it, may not need that step

Default Re: Htc hero flash: talk, text and web

use ##PST# and set up data for the Eris

I'm moderated because I didn't verify my email

Default HTC Hero PST settings!!(Data Settings for Cricket)to get WEB to work

So I took a longass time to freeakin get
    web on stock browser app or other browser working thanks to bad PST settings and crickets dumass proxy use but finally got them right As I searched around forums I noticed a lot of people struggling with the same issue and decided I should HELP all of youu so if you are struggling with the PST settings here are the ones I used

If you are trying to get web working I suggest heading to the tutorial provided at - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] post #8 and using this settings for the "setup your data" part

This will work for people who where:
    -just trying to look for some PST goddies to get WEB
    - getting the little crappy waiting for standby connection blah blah something like that when looking at the Mobile Network Status
    -all the people who didnt know what to do with the "setup your data " part at the tutorial on how to do a full flash (heres the link if you want it and where dumb enough to not notice it a few lines up not being rude to anyone - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] post #8)

allright now that im done talkin and bla bla blaing and bs lets get the party started:

Active Profile:1
    UserName:yourtendigitnumber@mycricket.com
    Spi MN:HA: 12c
    spi mn:AAA:2
    Reverse Tunel:Enable
    home IP:0.0.0.0
    Primary Home:68.28.15.12
    Second Home:68.28.31.12
    HA Shared Secret:cricket
    AAA shared cricket:cricket
    DSA:I left this as it was all worked right

Slot Cycle Index:0 can leave as default but changing this to 0 will let you get messages and calls faster
    MCC:310
    MNC:00
    ACCOLC:2
    Vocoderisable
    Home Orig:Voice 13k also can leave as default but voice 13k is way better than EVRC or anything else
    Roam Orig:Voice 13k
    LBS PDE IP: Blank
    LBS PDE Port: BLANK
    Home Sys Reg:enable
    Foreign SID reg:enable
    DDTM:disable
    Home SID/NID#1:4139/65535

so after setting your PST settings click menu>commint modifications
    let the phone restart,, after restart you should get the little 1x at the status bar of your screen if it doesnt appear check the status of Mobile Network if its off turn it on if its on and you should get the 1x on the status bar

also if like me your trying to get web to work download anycut or
    better cut anycut is free to me both are the same. So open up any of the two and make a shortcut of proxysettings by going into activity (wait since its trying to get all activities) than look for proxy settings all the way at the bottom,, after that click on the shortcut that you made from anycut/bettercut and for hostname write: wap.mycricket.com and for Port write :8080

voilaaaaa!! ;D <<<did I write it right??? anywhoo if you used the PST settings and used anycut or bettercut your web should work right

!!!!!also on a last note if you do the anycut shortcut before getting the 1x at the status bar in other words getting mobile network connection your browser wont work so make sure you edit your proxy settings after getting any network connection

i know on the last parts of this tutorial i got offtopic anyways talkin about webif your anycute shortcuts wont work you could try using proxysurf and while in it go into settings and setting proxy there thought i will tell you proxysurf is sloWWW and doesnt have multitouch anyways just wanted to a little fyi

so If it works well your welcomee and its good to know I helped someone
    if it didnt well just reply or PM me and I will try to help into getting web working !!!

Apprentice

Default Re: HTC Hero PST settings!!(Data Settings for Cricket)to get WEB to work

great writeup! i'll be sure to try this out as soon as i can get my hands on one!

Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: HTC Hero PST settings!!(Data Settings for Cricket)to get WEB to work

I got mine with CDMA Workshop....Change SPC to "000000"....Write EVDO Prl...Change Settings under EVDO Tab.....Then get WI-FI in your phone...go to market...download Any Cut...set up your Browser...."Host name : Wap.mycricket.com and Port: 8080"....Done
    I can't remember who made this tutorial...I got it from M-F but it works...atleast Cricket wap...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast