Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default Need help with 5510l

I have a verizon prepaid 5510l that I'm trying to unlock to use with another carrier. Could I flash it to use on straight talk or another carrier? I tried dfs free version but it doesn't list the files for my device. Can someone point me in the right directions? I got it to read port, but I'm not really sure how to use dfs and what I should be screwing with to unlock it

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Need help with 5510l

dfs cannot unlock that device, i am not positive but i believe for that one there is no tool yet and it can only be unlocked manually
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Yea I finally figured out how to get dfs going and got some credit, but it's only showing the 5510l demo. I'm completely retarded with this, and it's my first time doing anything like this(I've messed with adb and fastboot on to unlock the bootloader on a Motorola, but that's about it) . How would I unlock it manually? I just want to be able to use another carrier that isn't so high dollar. T-mobile or straight talk preferably due to reception at my house. Any cheap ways to unlock it, or should I sell it and get the T-mobile or strait talk hotspot?

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by Thedealer842 View Post
    Yea I finally figured out how to get dfs going and got some credit, but it's only showing the 5510l demo. I'm completely retarded with this, and it's my first time doing anything like this(I've messed with adb and fastboot on to unlock the bootloader on a Motorola, but that's about it) . How would I unlock it manually? I just want to be able to use another carrier that isn't so high dollar. T-mobile or straight talk preferably due to reception at my house. Any cheap ways to unlock it, or should I sell it and get the T-mobile or strait talk hotspot?

Sell the 5510l, the reception is not that good on them. I had 1 and i sold it, Pick up a flashed HTC incredible on Ebay and save yourself troubles. Like everyone says, don't use to much data on it either.

I gave up on the whole Mifi idea and just went with a Harbor Mobile business plan (using Tmobiles network) if you have the coverage. Flash a custom rom to a Tmobile phone with hacked tethering provisions and call it done. I pay $53.00 a month with taxes and i have unlimited LTE coverage, text and calls, i pulled 100 gigs this month alone.

I still use my Incredible as a back up only, it still pulls good data when i need it. I have been a CDMA guy my whole adult life and GSM services have got so much more competitive, for me it don't pay to hassle. Good luck

I still visit the forum cause Rich always have something going on in here..lol

Newb

Yea, I was hoping I could use a cheap mono or something. Friggen 15 bucks for 250mb,30 bucks for 1 gig, 60 bucks for 3. It's too expensive,and i only really need about 4-5 a month. The t-mobile plan looks like a good deal, and they have the hotpots for as cheap as $20 on eBay. I'm actually satisfied with the 5510 as far as service and speed, so what would be a t-mobile equivalent for under 30-40 bucks?

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by Thedealer842 View Post
    Yea, I was hoping I could use a cheap mono or something. Friggen 15 bucks for 250mb,30 bucks for 1 gig, 60 bucks for 3. It's too expensive,and i only really need about 4-5 a month. The t-mobile plan looks like a good deal, and they have the hotpots for as cheap as $20 on eBay. I'm actually satisfied with the 5510 as far as service and speed, so what would be a t-mobile equivalent for under 30-40 bucks?

I have never used a hotspot with Tmobile, only my phone with Harbor Mobile with hacked tethering provisions. I know Tmobiles 30 dollar plan will give you 5 gigs of LTE data. You might wanna look in to that. Its on Tmobiles website, but they have that deal hidden, you have to scroll down the Prepaid page a little to see it.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast