Join Today

Site Sponsor

Default Anyone know how to Flash Sprint CDMA to Boost?

I heard that they are accepting CDMA sprint phones, but what settings would be needed to change? maybe we should have a sub forum for this since its not iden technically

We do have a subforum this one the other carriers.
    As for setting I'm not sure if the cdma side uses Sprint provisioning or Boost.

when cdma boost came to my area i did palm pre on to boost i replaced the meid then i use first last name on account and it worked then i sold never heard anything from customer but i have not tried it since

Old Timer

Face it, Sprint phones don't need to be flashed to Boost. Just esn swapped after an account is open with an active Boost cdma phone esn. A native Sprint esn will NOT WORK on first activation of a Boost account. Has to be Boost cdma esn FIRST.

Flashing is a waste of time with most Sprint phones . If you can get a esn for a Boost phone whether you actually have it or not is one way to get started. It requires more social engineering then technical engineering. But it makes it a LOT easier for noobs. Especially if they know which phones to stay away from at the beginning (because they tend to fail activation more then other phones: Palm Pre, HTC Hero etc). At least the legal version...without esn/meid rewriting...lol

Quote Originally Posted by mobilefreedom View Post
    Face it, Sprint phones don't need to be flashed to Boost. Just esn swapped after an account is open with an active Boost cdma phone esn. A native Sprint esn will NOT WORK on first activation of a Boost account. Has to be Boost cdma esn FIRST.

Flashing is a waste of time with most Sprint phones . If you can get a esn for a Boost phone whether you actually have it or not is one way to get started. It requires more social engineering then technical engineering. But it makes it a LOT easier for noobs. Especially if they know which phones to stay away from at the beginning (because they tend to fail activation more then other phones: Palm Pre, HTC Hero etc). At least the legal version...without esn/meid rewriting...lol
    This my interpretation of that:
    so what you're saying is that they've got to already have a boost account, they then get a sprint phone. then boost store just activates that esn and like do their version of *228?
    I know theres the other non legal version which isn't worth the risk.

Old Timer

Go to Howard Forums, go to the Boost cdma forum. Check out the "can I borrow a cup of Boost cdma esn please?" thread and get a dirt cheap Bmcdma paygo account. After your "virtual Boost cdma esn" is used up, swap out a Sprint phone via phone call to Bmcdma Cs, then return the esn to the owner you borrowed it from. Done.