Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default LC-11 Throttled

I have a LC-11 flashed to 3g unlimited, via ebay seller. I've had this unit for about 2 months now and have gotten an awesome amount of use out of it. Steam, torrents, browsing, everything, its my home network. It is essentially my only option as I live in the country, and internet costs about 120 a month for a DSL line. I noticed that my data speed has went from 3mbps, to 2mbps, and now to about .15mbps. I've used a VPN to help prevent verizon seeing my traffic.

I was wondering if it is posssible to enable 4g on the device with unlimited data as the ping time is significantly lower. Also is there any options for unlimited 4g through sprint or att.

Much thanks
    Last edited by alakadabra; 03-21-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Apprentice

Default Re: SCH-11 Throttled

DIfferent areas in the country are difft. My area would experience throttle at 15 days usage. It appears that on wednesday, Vzw started another update that kicked some mifis off and others are being throttled on day 2 or 3. It's getting ugly again. True unlimited LTE really doesnt exist anymore. I have 10 true unlimited LTE verizon lines but they were grandfathered in.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

seems a bit strange that they did this last march and now here in march again, kinda spring cleaning of sorts.
    the reason this happens is clear, when they sweep accounts they look for accounts that are dormant or not used and since the mifi accounts do not get calls made from them they appear dormant or unused, i know there are some peeps with phones and mifis on there accounts i would be interested to here is any of them had any issues after last round of sweeps but i bet they didnt have any issues.
    also i dont think near as many accounts were knocked off this year as last year mostly because last year they also changed data authentication standards for there prepaid side which pretty much killed all mifis then but now since all mifis are conformed to the new standard nothing that drastic happened, of the thousand or so mifis i have sold and flashed only as now about 30 people have contacted me with problems so its not near as bad as last year.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

I see that they have AT&T MIFI units available with unlimited 4g that claim to be no throttle. I've also seen that the FCC is suing AT&T over throttling these accounts and stories of them throttling after 5gb which would make it ususeless for my purposes.

Rich where do you sell your units. I've looked around and couldn't find any links for them.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

mifis.us or ebay or amazon or at my retail store i am slokas8 on ebay but you will get the best deal if you buy from my phone store KC Phone & Flash
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here