Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Apprentice

Default Iphone Jailbreak 3.1.2 firmware and more info on Jailbreaking and Unlocking

First I will go into so misconceptions people have. Currently there is no known Unlock method for 3.1.3 firmware on 3g and 3gs iphones with basebands/modem firmware of 05.12.01 if anyone tells you that they can it is likely a lie and a scam!! You can jailbreak this firmware but not unlock. You can jailbreak this firmware but not unlock

The most up to date firmware for unlocking is 3.1.2 so I will do my write up on this firmware with modem fireware version 05.11.07

1) 1st make sure you have the appropriate firmware go to general about and browse through the settings
    2) 2nd if you have an older firmware on a 3g or 3gs that has not been upgraded to 3.1.3 upgrade to the 3.1.2 firmare for this method of unlocking and jailbreaking you will save yourself time and headache some older firmwares are more difficult to unlock google and download your 3.1.2 firmware for your iphone and hit shift update to browse for a file rather than download the latest firmware from the apple servers b/c this is all they will offer through stream. make sure your phone is in recovery mode when hooking it up to itunes when doing this and cancel any initial pop up upgrades the server tries to push you
    3) download blackra1n again google is your friend
    4) run blackra1n.exe from your computer with your iphone connected and itunes on wait and you will be prompted when everything has been sent to the iphone
    5) run the blackra1n icon that is now on your iphone
    6) choose the appropriate icon to install cydia
    7) do the next for blacksnow (this is for unlocking to use with other gsm carriers besides at&t)
    8) Enjoy!! to test if the phone is unlocked try a sim from a different carrier e.g. tmobile dial 611 and viola. I am pretty sure the sim can be deactivated just see if it registers on the tmobile network

For those who dont know, as long as you have the older bootloader, 3.1.3 can be jailbroken and then unlocked when you install a program called fuzzyband. Im not sure what the bootloader version number is. But I have seen it with my own eyes.

Apprentice

pacecomm1 very very good point it is possible the baseband that fuzzyband works with is very rare

Downgrading only works on iPhone 3G with 05.08 (5.8) Bootloader from the factory. This is a very limited number of phones that were released in the first few weeks of the 3G production cycle.