Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help

Newb

Unhappy Need help

Hi, I have an Alcatel 960c cdma phone its a left over phone from alltel when they changed over to att. The esn is clean on it no problems there. The phone was givin to me for free and I would really like to use it, this phone is a lot better than what I currently use. I've tried everything to get this phone to work. Pageplus or cricket wont activate it, then i thought about trying to get my verizon prepaid service on this phone, is it possible ? Seems to me like the only thing that is stopping me is the fact that I cannot edit the nvm or efs folders on the phone any idea on how to unlock these folders ? Or is there any other options that I have besides getting a new phone ? Works been a little slow so Im trying to be tight and use the phone that was given to me. Any ideas on what to do ? My main thing is just to get talk and text to work on the phone, data would be nice but wifi is pretty much everywhere. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks.

Phone is rooted.
    I've changed everything from my verizon prepaid phone to the alcatel 960c the only thing I could not change was what is left to do in the nvm / efs folders which is read only.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong section for this kind of post.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Need help

you do not need to do anything in the NVM or EFS to flash that phone, what you do need is some knowledge and some professional tools, I would suggest you to take it to someone locally who knows flashing and have them do it for you so it doesnt get messed up because if you are trying edit the efs or nvm you are going to screw it up.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

I have some knowledge on what I'm doing, not a pro lol. Pretty much from what I understand if I get into the nvm then I could just clone the phone to my prepaid. Everything else is changed except the esn and meid. I'm just stuck because of the read-only.

Couldn't I just somehow copy the full drive delete everything and then just put everything back and that would do away with the nvm folder lock?

If so what's some good tools to do that?
    I've spent a lot of time searching I haven't really found much for the alcatel 960c not sure if I'm not looking in the right places or what.
    figured I'd ask around maybe someone would know.

CDMA GURUS Booster

I missed something somewhere about you wanting to change your esn, probly because you didnt mention that

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

Newb

Well page plus wont take the phone, they said they quit taking flashed phones on jan 15. cricket wont take it because they switched over to gsm. Im not sure of who else would take the phone? any ideas? guess im just screwed unless i could clone the phone? sucks that a decent phone has to go to waste well its better than what i use now lol any ideas on another carrier that might accept the phone, or what to do?

CDMA GURUS Booster

we still do cricket activations for the cdma side, also I can get meid's re-sku'd for verizons network but it is not a free service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast