Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: How did you start?

I paid my way in cause i got my phone flashed by a ego maniac. I did not enjoy the time it took. I learned to use the search button cause I paid for little info. I could have learned by searching the site. So from there I almost lost my marriage from staying up and researching countless hours, playing with phones and brick phones. I have then learned if i cant find it in search that I need to pay for files. I have no problem if I make a profit. Now i can flash phones so fast i be talking to customers and in 3 mins I can full flash a black berry storm. Fastest talk and text 11 seconds not including reset. They be like no way and sometimes give me tips for getting it done so fast lol. I love flashing phone would like to learn more about writing scripts and roms.

BANNED for breaking the rules cricketmodder's Avatar

I started because I had a career change after the military and my boss was modding the V3 and putting ringlights on there. I thought that was cool as hell. So when I asked him to show me he said NO! and so I bought a k1m off of him and many many many ....did i mention many more late nights later I finally figured out modding and flashing.

I'll share mine.

I was a very loyal cricket customer 4 many, many yrs(though I'm a Sprint costumer now, because of another story al2gether).

I sold T-Mobile 4 a long time but wouldn't switch from cricKte. I had a Samsung R500(which was a great phone) that died of old age after 5 yrs. My sis gave me a VX9100 (Env 2)she didn't need NEmore after an upgrade. I had heard of flashing. When my R500 died I decided 2 C if I could make the NV2 I had a cricKet phone. I came accross Berry_lThirds 9900 tuton HoFo. I fallowed the tut & the phone worked 2 my amazement. I just kinda grew from there.
    If U don't have NEthing useful 2 post, don't post NEthing @ all

Here is my story....

I started back in September of '08, i got tired of driving 50 miles to get my phones flashed (The person that flashed my phones is one of the best around "beezlewaxin"). great guy btw!
    So i started reading nightly, 4-5 hours a night for weeks using MF and HF as my reading sources.
    Then when i thought i was ready i tried my first phone, a vx9700 (dare). And it didn't go so well, i edited the wap settings incorrectly
    and well, we all know what that does
    So from there i got scared and almost quit flashing, but my wife told me to stick to it and the rest is history
    NOW I LOVE FLASHING AND HELPING OUT OTHERS!

Default How did YOU get into the world of cell phones?

I was a tester about four years ago for a Ebay based warehouse. Got in to the tech work a month later doing repairs, housing changes and such. Worked there for about a year until they went out of business and ended up working for their competitor. Who by the way was a total A@@hole that screwed me over. Right about that time, seeing how I was working at home for the A@@ I got ballsy and started experimenting and next thing you know, Im running my own business! Just a tidbit of info as to how I got here, looking forward to hearing yours!

BABY NEWB

The owner of the cellphone store had me fix his computers and asked if I knew anything about flashing phones. I said ehh I can figure it out. I helped him move his store to a new location and worked a deal out with him and we merged his cellphone business and my PC repair business. I handle the computer aspect and flashing/unlocking phones while he still runs his cellphone business. I am getting better at flashing/unlocking by reading here and HOFO and he has the best optimized network and computers he has ever had. Next week I will set up his house to connect to the wifi at the shop. I know not impressive except his house is about 10 miles away from the shop But then again computers are my thing

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast