Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Novatel firmwares

just fyi if you load the wrong dmf file on your device you will NOT be able to run any duu with success, The duu by default have a check for device hardware and firmware and if they do not match you will not get any firm update on your novatel device via duu, So to put that in layman terms if you load a 135 firm that was made for a sprint or virgin or any other carrier on your vzw mifi it may load with dfs but you wont be loading any duu to it unless you can remove duu security as it will the fail the integrity test.
    take some good advice peeps, do not ever load full firm with dfs unless you are trying to recover a messed up device instead only realize you only need to load the cefs partition to clear meid for flash, leave all other partitions alone.
    dfs's firmwares are light and imo junk, they leave out many functions and is probably the reason so many devices end up stuck in download mode after only a short while of use, I mean think about it, if they clear the efs, yes the unit will rebuild it upon cold boot but it has no blueprint of start/stop for address's of functions so it puts start/stop wherever it sees fit, then when the firm needs a to ck with efs for a particular function it will call the correct address for it in the efs but the now the efs has a different function in that location causing the device to either bootloop or change mode due to error, hence you are stuck in download mode with no way to escape
    also someone asked what is dmf? it is dfs's obfusticated compilation of the device firmware, they do that so you cant use it without there tool (unless you can de-obfusticate it)
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 12-19-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

i took this virgin mobile 2200 and i flashed it with the dmf 167 and it worked awesome off dfs server... so now the device is showing a verizon 2200 instead of stupid virgin that wouldnt allow to connect to inet once flashed due to virgin firmware on the device....for anyone who wants to make a virgin 2200 into a verizon just flash with 167 dmf its a verizon firmware from 2200..

Apprentice

I stopped messing with the update on the 2200 yesterday. Each one killed is alot of $ lost. Im just doing all 2200's with with no me*d change for now. Just flashing the stock fw with profile 1 active

Apprentice

yeh i have a bunch of bricked 2200s here too .. such a touchy mifi.. if the wind blows just right download mode turns on lol

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

send them to me bro i can recover for you.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

ok will send them this week in a padded flat rate envelope.. one of them is from the great elisa, who never did make right with me for ripping me off.. hope he gets coal for christmas lol

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast