Correct me if I'm wrong but I just finished reading the document and I've come to these conclusions:

- Anyone who purchases CDMA Workshop could be fined for knowledgeable possession of software which could alter the serial number of a phone.
- Working as a telecommunications store "could" exempt you from prosecution.

Personal thoughts:
[HIDE-THANKS]Another thing to consider would be that if the ESN(MEID)/MIN pairs are NOT in use by another phone, it "could" be considered as "not cloned." This is not a standard idea, but since the intent is not to defraud but utilize a phone which a person OWNS, it should be rewritten as such. CDMA phone owners aren't given the leverage that GSM users are afforded when considering a different carrier/phone. With GSM systems, a simple code to unlock the phone and moving your sim card over allows you to use a non-network phone.

The correct way (though still not legal) would be to Zero out the MEID/ESN and MIN from the original phone BEFORE modifying the serial number on the phone you'd like to use. You should then remove the sticker from the original phone and place it upon the new phone's sticker so there is no confusing that the other phone is a valid phone. I remind you that this is not legal under the current terms but Congress should re-evaluate the current market place.

Sprint and Verizon have stated they'd like to allow Customer Owned devices on their network, but they are limiting what devices will be allowed and neither have allowed cellular telephones. AT&T and TMobile already use this practice, but this is more because of the GSM standard rather than their own business policies.[/HIDE-THANKS]