Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

esn = electronic serial number
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobB View Post
    Hi all I am new here but you guys got one of the best discussions going on esn's. I thought I would toss in what I found out.

Funny I saw people yelling all over the internet about changing esn being illegal, so I did some research. Turns out in California you can't even remove the serial number from your typewriter, dictaphone or any other entertainment or recreational equipment, as well as a ton of other stuff. Even if you bought the item legally and own it out right. See [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So if the ESN is consisdered the serial number (which I think it is) then in CA you can not change it, swap it, hide it, mark over it or even cover it with a piece of tape. <sarcasm>This is for your own safety people</sarcasm>

So it seems even removing that tag on your pillow that says "It is illegal to remove this tag" is illegal. I am thinking of removing all the serial numbers from everything I own and taking it down the the police station just to challenge this law. While I understand they are trying to eliminate the sale of stolen property, I just think this is another case of harassing the law abiding people and eliminating our freedom.
    Hehe. Well in the case of cell phones of course there is a legitimate reason for it being illegal. And honestly I agree with the law 100% as long as it always accounts for repair.

Newb

Default Re: ESN Cloning is illegal!!

Maybe it is illegal, but if you wont to do this you can try to use a program named “*** tool”. This tool supports a lot of CDMA handsets. It can help you with your phone without large knowledge’s in CDMA technologies. It is professional tool with easy interface! To read about you can here - cdmatool.com
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...HLP-ZUqIbY</a>

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678