Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

I need some help flashing the LC-11

I'm trying to flash my LC-11 to Verizon Prepaid.

I picked up a Gusto 2 at Staples, and followed the instructions on this youtube video [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (I am aware that it is for the 2200, I figured the instructions would be the same for the LC-11) to try and flash its settings to my LC-11.

It's not working- after I flash and do a power cycle, the LC-11's ESN looks changed for a few seconds, but then reverts back to the original ESN. I'm fairly new to the CDMA world, but I believe that the unchanged ESN is what is keeping this device from being able to access the internet. As the youtube video states, I sent SPC code 000000 and no password, wrote each field from the Gusto 2 (except the PRL) in DFS and the ESN still isn't saving. If you have any ideas on how I can get this to work, please let me know! Also, if there is any way I can disable throttling when I get this device working that would be great!

Joseph

Newb

Default Re: I need some help flashing the LC-11

Update

I did some more research online and setting my Ruim Config to NV_ONLY did the trick, sort of. I can now connect to the internet through the LC-11, but I am only getting 1x signal. I am certain that my device isn't faulty and I am getting sufficient 3G coverage because when I change my Ruim Config to RuimPref, I am getting a strong 3G signal on the LC-11, but I am not getting internet access.

Could this be because my Gusto 2 (d0n0r phone) is only 1x? I know a number of other people use Gusto 2s as d0n0rs, and I find it hard to imagine that all of the MiFis they flash aren't 3G capable. Is there another reason you know of that might be causing my hotspot to not get a 3G signal? Thanks!

Joseph
    Last edited by JosephSMcKin; 11-09-2014 at 12:38 PM.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

ruim reads/uses the profile from the sim you have in the device which you cannot write to thats why you dont get any service with ruim,nv however you can write to so that why you need to use it because you can write your profile to it,and as far as you not getting 3g its because your not flashing your device correctly.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate you explaining the ruim to me, I realized that that setting made it work, but I wasn't sure how. How am I not flashing my device correctly? Is there anything I can do in DFS to get my 3G up and running?

Thanks again,
    Joseph

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

no one can really be sure what your error is since no one but you knows what values you are writing to it
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    no one can really be sure what your error is since no one but you knows what values you are writing to it
    Hmm, what can I upload from DFS (logs, screenshots, video recording, etc) that would help you diagnose the issue? Is there any obvious settings you know of that might prevent 3G connections? Is there a setting, like NV_ONLY that allows only 3G? Could that be the issue? Thanks for all of your help, I'm sorry that I'm taking up your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast