Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Sprint Epic 4G Touch, SPH-D710

I have a Samsung SPH-D710 on a legacy 3G Sprint plan. Original ----- was HTC Touch Diamond. I can connect to the ----- but not read it, although it will boot and and connect to Sprint with 3G/EV symbol. I have tried for two days to get CDMA WS to read it, but no luck. Error is like "Device does not answer" Tried different HTC drivers, different USB cables, different ports and different PC, even different OS (Win 7, XP) etc. I am resigned to the fact that I cannot use the ----- anymore. So my question is do I need it? I want to replace the S2 with an S4. Assuming the 3G passwords have not changed, I can probably do it, as I have that info. But what if the passwords change, and my old info is no longer valid? Is there a way. with a commercial software to pull those passwords? I may not mind the cost. Being unable to read the ----- is really frustrating. Can I make the S2 the ----- with CDMA Workshop (paid) or other?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Epic 4G Touch, SPH-D710

did you set diag mode on the htc,and if you have htc sync installed you need to disable or remove it,it will cause this error.if the passwords change you will need a readable device to use to set and then pull passwords
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Default Re: Epic 4G Touch, SPH-D710

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    did you set diag mode on the htc,and if you have htc sync installed you need to disable or remove it,it will cause this error.if the passwords change you will need a readable device to use to set and then pull passwords
    Thanks for your response. Yes, diag mode set with ##3424#. Without that I do not see the diagnostic port. I tried connecting before installing activesync and and with activesync running and with activesync force closed. I am not sure I need active sync installed at all. I will check again about HTC sync.

[edit]I see no signs of HTC Sync in the control panel remove programs applet. I will try removing all other drivers on the XP machine and see if that helps.[/edit]
    Last edited by moritzio; 09-29-2014 at 02:39 PM.