Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Newb

Default Any issues with Novatel 2200 keep throttling itself?

Got a 2200 from tom about a month ago, had it for a week or so and then got throttled. Called Tom up and helped me out a little over a week ago and got it back up again. This morning it worked fine then I went to school and came back and had limited internet access so i disconnected and reconnected my computer and did a speed test which is showing 0.20 MBPS again as before. Has anyone noticed any changes in these devices?

Newb

Default Re: Any issues with Novatel 2200 keep throttling itself?

I purchased a dethrottled 2200 last week on the flashedmifis.net ebay and got it on wednesday and it worked amazingly. But today it is now running at .20 the same as yours is right now. Not sure what the issue is myself. Regardless of whatever it is going on with it, I am really grateful for the work that Rich and Tom have done on this. Already payed for itself ten-fold.

Newb

Mine is throttled just now. Came to forums to see whats up. Maybe I'm not understanding this but I thought the dethrottled 2200 mifis (when the fix is applied) coulndt be throttled anymore?
    Last edited by frontage2; 09-24-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by frontage2 View Post
    Mine is throttled just now. Came to forums to see whats up. Maybe I'm not understanding this but I thought the dethrottled 2200 mifis (when the fix is applied) coulndt be throttled anymore?
    While yes that is the intent of the dethrottle. That being said, it doesn't stop them (verizon) from attempting to find away around the dethrottle. Verizon puts a lot of money into closing loopholes. Not saying this is what has happened today, just that it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that it could happen. If it did, Rich and Tom would probably be on the way to finding a new fix to combat their new fix, and thus the circle would continue.

Apprentice

has anyone tried pulling the battery for 30 seconds and resetting the device? i remember rich stating a while back if inet was slow it was due to leavin the devices on for a long time?

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by Nickwitte View Post
    While yes that is the intent of the dethrottle. That being said, it doesn't stop them (verizon) from attempting to find away around the dethrottle. Verizon puts a lot of money into closing loopholes. Not saying this is what has happened today, just that it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that it could happen. If it did, Rich and Tom would probably be on the way to finding a new fix to combat their new fix, and thus the circle would continue.
    I see...Thanks for the reply

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast