Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: Any issues with Novatel 2200 keep throttling itself?

I had been experiencing similar issues that mifiman spoke about. I noticed that a couple times in the last week. i would see substantial drops in speed. No longer then 10 minutes at a time but it continued to happen more frequently each day until today in which it completely throttled.
    Last edited by Nickwitte; 09-24-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Newb

Data use doesn't appear to matter, just as before. Some of these units had used very little data (no more than a couple hundred MBs over 30 days) while others had used several GB.

I want to add in fairness that I have purchased several devices from another proprietor which are experiencing the same thing HOWEVER this guy was at least honest and explained that Verizon is doing the throttling on the accounts on the network side, which is more or less what I expected when this whole fiasco began in March.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by elisa191 View Post
    Most of you guys I know well as it seems I have flashed your devices a few times.

I need to ask a question and I need honest reponses so we can see if this is an issue. It will not effect us re-flashing your mifis.

Have any of you tried to activate online or have you contacted customer support?

Thanks

elisa191
    no to both questions

Newb

I have not myself tried to activate online but my girlfriend was tinkering with the settings of the mifi after the first throttle incident.she said she did not reset either but never mentioned if she tried to view the account online. Even if she did would that of kept you from dethrottling the second time?I will check with her in the morning to verify

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

if your devices were done via remote then throttle was/is possible,we only gaurantee dethrottle thru mail in,the 2200 remote dethrottle was added into the firm as a beta to be tested for a while to see how long it would last,i posted that in the forum the same day i added it the firmware and i know elisa has posted it as well,it has not been proven yet,thats what a beta is.

so ask yourselves if that is your situation,i have had 2 2200 running,one vzw and one virgin mobile,i flashed them when i first made the dethrottle and they are still fine, our 2200 mail in service dethrottle is working great,and as for your guys's speed going up and down,thats not vzw testing or what ever it was that was said its because your using a wireless device nothing more, all mifis do that
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    if your devices were done via remote then throttle was/is possible,we only gaurantee dethrottle thru mail in,the 2200 remote dethrottle was added into the firm as a beta to be tested for a while to see how long it would last,i posted that in the forum the same day i added it the firmware and i know elisa has posted it as well,it has not been proven yet,thats what a beta is.

so ask yourselves if that is your situation,i have had 2 2200 running,one vzw and one virgin mobile,i flashed them when i first made the dethrottle and they are still fine, our 2200 mail in service dethrottle is working great,and as for your guys's speed going up and down,thats not vzw testing or what ever it was that was said its because your using a wireless device nothing more, all mifis do that
    Mine were mail-in service so the remote "BETA" is not the issue.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast