Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Sprint HTcEVO..LTE..after flashing MyMEID..

To start this thread hope i do not and will not have issues here ..if i need to rewrite some words...please no issue .
    I have had for many years HTC phones .the one i had to start with is the P2 i think with MS window ..anyhow when the EVO 4G came out i was having great fun with that phone ...new Technology...new OS..(Android)...i was able to buy few EVO and fix them to work as if they were my TP2 ..really not hard with CDMA workshop 3.8 .anyhow i took a chance last year and got a an EVO 3D ..i was able to get it going too using CDMA workshop and fix my MEID ..go to QPST and rewrite the old one .. most of the tme i reset the phone and or profile and it will do OAC ..so nice and i have a new EVO 3D ..faster the the older EVO4G.
    However i wanted a phone with bigger window ..so easier to navigate ..no need to squint ...Glasses .so i bought the EVO 4G LTE .. faster ..more Hard drive ..bigger window ..but i can not get this phone to activate ..CDMA workshop took care of the MEID ..i did some work with QPST ..no luck at all it wont communicate with network will not do any calling ...network error ..error 67 ...
    I think i read the NV using CDMA workshop ..before i did any work on the phone ..
    any idea what im doing wrong and how to go about doing things right ... i spent days .. no luck .really would love want to Run the evo LTE
    sincerely

BANNED

Default Re: HTcEVO..LTE..after flashing MyMEID..

Well your really half way there if you have the meid repaired that's the biggest hurdle with that phone all the rest of the flashing is the same as the evo 4g. I don't think that you mentioned in your post that you were flashing it to boost mobile but for anyone else reading this and wanting to comment that is the destination carrier.

The error 16 that your getting is due to an meid mismatch error from sprint and that discussion has been exhaustively discussed search boost error 16 for more information

Hope this helps

elisa191

Newb

hello there to you all.,and thank you for the respond ..would have loved and needed to hear more of a solution ..than just a comment .
    anyhow im not doing Boost .. do i need to say iam .??
    im still on sprint the original phone is sprint touch pro 2 ..and the LTE if will work should replace the touch pro 2 on sprint network .

so no its not Boost ...so would this change the equation ..??
    again usually all i need to do when in the past got the older EVO 4 G to work ..the following

fix the meid on the EVO 4G ..reboot ..make sure it shows in the settings..etc then run QPST and fix the MEID there and write my email ..at sprint pcs...etc .
    more or less that is it ..reboot and it will self activate on its own ..few times i had to use QXDM to copy 466 465 and or 1192 1194 ..to get the profile update right.
    Im doing the same here ...but its not an EVO 4g..its the newer EVO 4G LTE
    iam doing the same steps but nothing at all ...no network no communication ... so my question is what iam doing here is wrong .
    By the way with the EVO LTE i cant write to 465 and 466 and or 1192 1194 like the older EVO ., the LTE i cant write to it or some of these i cant .. and or can not be read.

BANNED

Hello,

Ok sorry I see you have an old legacy account

well the error 16 your getting on sprint is the same one that you would get on boost since its the same network

I think your real issue is going to be that you can't change the device on your account can you?

Let me know if you can put anohter TP2 on your account and still keep it if so you can fix this

Newb

currently im using HTC EVO 4g....on my account if i logg online to sprint you will see that i have HTC Touch pro 2...., the touch pro 2 is in the drawer .. did not use in 5 years i think .. of course it works ..
    I do not want to change device on my account since they will make me pay the double every month .so i can change the device .. but the plan will change and i do not want to do that .
    so that is why i found the old EVO 4G few years ago and got that to work instead of my TP2.., and i have EVO 3D too they all work on the same account same plan but ( Do not turn on more than one phone at a time )

so the old .. old EVO 4G is getting too old too slow ,but im still using it as iam typing ..the 3D is great but do not use it often since i have few older EVO 4G ...and one 3D.
    know as of last week i got for the 1st time a EVO LTE ..., because it has bigger screen 4.7 ..,,so i love the bigger screen .however ,i cant make it work on my account like the EVO 4G and the EVO 3D., somehow there is something different in the programing ..
    I think i might have not explaining my self right before .., hope know its all clear ..No.
    so i have few EVO 4G and one EVO 3D and the old really old TP2 (i dont use). i can turn on any phone and will just work since they all have the TP2 info .and i would want to make the EVO 4G LTE to have that info .. but as of know i cant make it work .

BANNED

ya the way we typicly fix that is to put another ----- on the account and then in 30 min put the once thats on the lte back on the account and then the error 16 goes away. There is another way to do it you need to get sprint to reset the account.

Here what to do

pull the tp2 out and charge it and put the lte in airplane mode

then call sprint and tell them this morning your getting this error 16

they will ask you what phone your using and you tell them the tp2 and they will see that on thier end. they will tell you to make a call but now put the tp2 in airplane mode take the lte off airplane mode and put it on speaker phone so the rep can hear it and then make a call and it will give you the erro 16 then switch back to the tp2

the idea here is to get the rep to belive you that the tp2 is having the issue which they wont until they see the tp2 on their screen and here the error 16 on your end. If you call from the evo they know its an evo you have to call them from the tp2

its ok to turn it on as well becasue were going to force them to send you to level 6 tech support where they will reset your account. Once you get there go ahead and stay on the tp2 and follow their steps to reset the device.

Now your evo 4g will not work after this unless you reflash it but once they reset your account and you reactivate the tp2 re-pull your info from the ----- (TP2) and flash your lte and it will work

hope this helps

elisa191

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast