Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Old Timer

Default HTC Touch radio problems...

I have an htc touch that I am trying to flash. I get everything all done but the radio keeps searching for signal. It is able to aquire one but it is very faint. ie: At my house I have full bars, where as this phone only has 1. I have tried other radios, and nothing has really helped. But when I flash it with a standard alltel rom it works fine. I have never had this problem before, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I am glad to be back, had to go away for awhile..... The things I have checked so far is confirmed that the radio works, confirmed the correct sid for the market, and the right prl. Aside from that I can't think of anything else. And I don't think it's an issue with the radio bc as I said when I put a factory alltel rom back on the phone it works fine. Again ANY insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Hopeful up and coming flash guru Grateful for all the guidance along the way...

Johnyboy if the alltel radio works use it, I gather it was an Alltel device.
    Anyway install the Alltel ROM but don't allow the customization and do a hrd reset.

Old Timer

Well thats the thing I am using the working radio, and as soon as I try and change the prl then it goes to barely finding a signal. I know the prl is right and I know the settings are right. Thats why I was confused I can't think of what else it could be...BTW thanks for the response.
    Hopeful up and coming flash guru Grateful for all the guidance along the way...

Premium Member

Are you using a custom rom? I'd say try a different custom rom. Had plenty of custom roms that just didn't cut it all the way. If your stock rom is functioning correct, it's safe to assume your rom maybe giving you problems.
    To simply seek is overrated. That's why you have search.

Newb

You have to flash to verizon then the radio will come back