Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Fully flashed Droid+ HTML Data Plan?

Just wondering if this is possble. I have a fully flash Driod with the proxy workaround. I've seen posts on this forum and other forums stating that one would have someone with CID access change their recognized phone to an Evoke; the HTML data plan is automatically added to their plan, and supposedly their internet is faster.

I called a couple of places locally and they said I wouldn't see a difference in speed pertaining to my phone. I'm thinking I would, because right now my throughput is only 160KBPS up/down, or roughly 20kb/s. When it comes to WAP browsing, it's fine and dandy, but downloading apps/streaming is extrememly sluggish. Would be able to get this on the account and it work as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGWORM View Post
    Just wondering if this is possble. I have a fully flash Driod with the proxy workaround. I've seen posts on this forum and other forums stating that one would have someone with CID access change their recognized phone to an Evoke; the HTML data plan is automatically added to their plan, and supposedly their internet is faster.

I called a couple of places locally and they said I wouldn't see a difference in speed pertaining to my phone. I'm thinking I would, because right now my throughput is only 160KBPS up/down, or roughly 20kb/s. When it comes to WAP browsing, it's fine and dandy, but downloading apps/streaming is extrememly sluggish. Would be able to get this on the account and it work as intended?
    Adding the HTML plan does increase speeds a little but not a big difference. The HTML still uses the cricket proxy and port 8080, but it will allow access to things such as Gmail and other things that you normally can't access with a normal plan.

BABY NEWB

What???? I can access gmail fine without the HTML Data plan. I do it on the ax265 and the voyager often.

i think he's talking about speen in terms of web browsing.
    Download Operna Mini Browser off the market
    it totally boosts the speed up
    i got more than 2000kb/s
    on my droid ;-)
    Favorite Quote: "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination" <Albert Einstein>

Code:
    Latest Petition:  "Do i have to pay you to teach me how to flash?"
    My Response:    "Are you seriously asking this question?"
    R29kIElzIEdvb2Q=

It was more for push mail at the time of the post, notice that it was 2 months ago. The OP had asked a question pertaining to speed and I answered it. Now as for accessing gmail please explain how gmail is pushed to an LG phone? Like with windows mobile with out using active sync the POP/IMAP mail does not work properly with out the HTML or proxycap or at least it didn't at the time.

Now my question Leadnerd,
    Why did you bring this post back from the dead?

BABY NEWB

ahhh was in a rush and not thinking at the time but I did get it on my Q. I wa just thinkig web wise I never bother setting it up on the phones as I just well..... Never have a phone on my account long enough.