Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Treo 800w

Newb

Im trying it now. Unfortunately when I try to write the 800iota file it gives me an error saying it is not a valid back up file. i am trying to figure out how to write it with 2.7, and i am trying to read the nv items from the flashed 800 so i can in turn write those items to the unflashed ones, but am not sure how to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by thenoblemobile View Post
    Im trying it now. Unfortunately when I try to write the 800iota file it gives me an error saying it is not a valid back up file. i am trying to figure out how to write it with 2.7, and i am trying to read the nv items from the flashed 800 so i can in turn write those items to the unflashed ones, but am not sure how to pull it off.
    You may need to change the addresses like if the IOTA is 00118 try changing it to 0118.

Newb

Thats what I thought to, but 2.7 didnt like it, but i took your adviceon using 2.7. I read the NV from my flashed 800, and then compared it to the NV items in the ckt800iota file, and made sure they were identical. I think the ne reason 2.7 didnt like the regular ckt800iota file is because their were only 28 items and they were not all in a row. So i ended up reading/writing 69 items. thx1

Newb

on a side note, has anyone noticed that after you write the ckt800iota nv items the phone has a hard time getting service?

Newb

Okay so this is my first time flashing a palm device, usually i only flash sumsung and htc, and in step 4... i never had to do anything like that with htc or samsung, whats a "memory read" and where in the device to go to see it, or what program do i use to see it, i tried baf msl grabber and it wont work on the 800w

Quote Originally Posted by PCPitStop View Post
    Okay so this is my first time flashing a palm device, usually i only flash sumsung and htc, and in step 4... i never had to do anything like that with htc or samsung, whats a "memory read" and where in the device to go to see it, or what program do i use to see it, i tried baf msl grabber and it wont work on the 800w
    Hey buddy how's it going, to do the memory read use CDMA WS. and enter that starting address, also note that you probably need a specific data cable and not just the sync/USB cable for that one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast