Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

drkcobra ur wish is my command or smittys which ever u choose u will be made moderator of the motorola section since u r the king of them so enjoy lol
    I am Dex's Lab of the Ohio Cricket Mafia
    Latest Exploit:
    Official Cricket TP2 and TP Rom from the Mafia
    Next Exploit:
    Palm Pixi Rom
    Quote:Pwnage is best served VIA USB Cable!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words

Honestly it does not bother me when my forum is criticized. It will always be.

But different leaders have different opinions about leadership.

A forum is a like a country. Different countries have different governments. There are strengths and weaknesses in any form of government. And it will never be perfect.

We are more of communist environment than here of coarse. And yes it is easy to get banned, especially when you post 15 times in one thread with random letters, then get warned and ignore it. I think a 24H ban is fair enough. i average 1-2 a day, and for the most part it works for most people. They come back with a different attitude.

I don't know about draconian, nice choice of words btw. But with 2,100 members it can get out of hand so we try to reward members for good behavior, and punish those for being bad. Its like a kindergarten in China.

Its hard to please everyone, actually impossible. We can't drop what we are doing and help a member with 2 posts at a drop of a hat. Some people get offended by that and say that we are not newb friendly. Well personally its frustrating sometimes the way people ask for information. Common courtesy goes a long way. Some people will ask nicely and get what they asked for, and some will demand it and get turned down and come to other forums to complain.

That's politics at its best friends. We complain when we don't get our way and criticize other 'governments'. That's life.

And as far as premium memberships. Most of the money goes towards my new VPS, adding games to my arcade (yes its not free, monthly membership to download games, go figure *sarcasm intended*, if you need any games smitty hit me up they have like 7000 ready to download, ill hook you up), i might do a prize thing like smitty who knows, phones. Yes members help pay for some of my phones, so that when i figure out how to flash them I can post the solution for those same members that paid for it. I think its a pretty good deal.

In my opinion the more we share for free the more people will turn into 1-5$ flashers and ruin our market and income. So if we are to limit the information they can get easily and without actually researching we can keep our market alive. Because if everyone can do it the value will drop. Now that may sound like an egotistical thing to do, but you have to think about the big picture, some of us do this for living. If I am spending all my time helping people make money for free than i can't afford rent, bills, and Chinese food. A lot of members are casual flashers and don't profit from this, others put food on their table with it. Thats where basic economics kick in. Corporation fight tooch and nail to maintain profits by....wait for it.....beating the competition. So if we create more competition we lose and they lose because they are killing the market they enter, its a lose-lose.

Anyways I am gonna cut my rant here even though i could go on forever. Hell I can write a book on this haha. Hopefully some of you at least skim over this and see some of my reasoning behind my actions and don;t go off ranting about me without seeing my side of the story.

Yours Truly,
    mobile-files.us Admin

Old Timer

I agree there are $5 flashers out there. Heck they are even in my hometown. I don't consider them a threat and by no means are they a threat to those of us that make a living flashing phones.

Cell phone flashing just like any profession, has its "lowballers", people who think they beat the competition by charging way lower prices than anyone else. Heck, I even see ads for people who fix PC's and laptops for only $15. Their ads aren't around for long because the business can't survive at those rates.

The same goes for $5 flashes. Flashing is a lot of work and requires a lot of patience and time for research. And customers aren't stupid either. They aren't likely to pay someone $5 to flash their phone and hope it works. Reputation still matters and it takes a long time to build up a client base in this business.

$5 flashers will be around no matter what is done. CDMA Gurus works off the principle that the members police themselves. If someone has done nothing but ask for help without searching and offers nothing to the community, they just aren't helped out. And that is beginning to happen now even with our smaller member base. With that in mind, nobody is going to waste a lot of time making $5 a flash if they have to put in that many hours.

As you are proud of your forum, we are also proud of ours. CDMA Gurus leads the way in how forums are run and maintained. Our contests, arcade, Hall of Shame, Cricket Mafia Section, etc. have been duplicated on other forums that have been around longer than us. And we have many other ideas to keep this site at the forefront.

I appreciate the offer for help for our arcade as well. However, we subscribe to the very same website you do. lol Everything is going to work out great for both of us.

However, because I have been so concerned with the new Mobile-Files clone affecting both of our forums, I have been sleepless for the last week. I am very concerned about being able to keep up with them.

The new mobile files clone?

Is there another?

Quote Originally Posted by cdmaflasher View Post
    The new mobile files clone?

Is there another?
    Yup, but I don't think it'll be much to stress about. They currently have 16 members and have been up for about a week or two.
    The Admins try to spam different forums to advertise but they don't get to far before being banned or deleted. Saw one of them spamming on ppcgeeks he got about 5 posts in before they were all deleted.
    Last edited by whitey10tc; 03-28-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Oh man I got one of those a week back!

Gotta love the prune feature

Deleted and perma banned. Site looked like a 5 year old made it. Makes your eyes water after 5 minutes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast