Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by mobilefreedom View Post
    They're pretty draconian over there and it is very easy to get banned. They've made it so you actually need 10 posts or more just to see the posts yet they won't let you post extra posts to get the necessary 10 because they consider it spamming. I gamed the system to get in, but frankly, I think their top mod is an elitist egomaniac.
    Yeah, the admins on here are just plain goofy.

Lmaooooooo

BABY NEWB
    Mobile Files Advisor

I hope I don't fall into that moderator category LOL, they offered me the postition less than 3 hours after I registered. Anyway, they are different and trying to avoid leechers and such, but it is a work in progress. The main advantage of course is the name, as we all deeply miss mobile-files (the original) I am sure.

Anyway, the reason for my post is for the time being if there is a subject on the old MF you remember and want to access, besides the archive.org database, which surprises me it is that old an update - they used to be much better, you do a Google search and when you find 'cached' pages, everything will be there except valid download links. It is not quite as great as archive.org (I have been using them since I first heard of them in 2001 & 2002) but you can find some newer info for as long as Google keeps their caches stored.

we welcome u drkcobra i have change ur usergroup to reflect ur talents and skills as a MF advisor unfortunally i personally frown upon the M-F.us sit for one charging members and giving props for donations when they are not even needed like that our donations are made strict for hosting and prizes for the forum and of course the guys here helped get me CDMA WS 3.5 as i was unable to afford it and they all chipped in to help me i will say that the premium membership on that site is crap and just another way for them to make money just as i believe the whole site is up for but hey what can u do u are welcome here and we hope u enjoy Gurus. BTW thanks for all ur hard work thats my 2 cents
    I am Dex's Lab of the Ohio Cricket Mafia
    Latest Exploit:
    Official Cricket TP2 and TP Rom from the Mafia
    Next Exploit:
    Palm Pixi Rom
    Quote:Pwnage is best served VIA USB Cable!!!!!!!!!

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by drkcobra View Post
    I hope I don't fall into that moderator category LOL, they offered me the postition less than 3 hours after I registered. Anyway, they are different and trying to avoid leechers and such, but it is a work in progress. The main advantage of course is the name, as we all deeply miss mobile-files (the original) I am sure.

Anyway, the reason for my post is for the time being if there is a subject on the old MF you remember and want to access, besides the archive.org database, which surprises me it is that old an update - they used to be much better, you do a Google search and when you find 'cached' pages, everything will be there except valid download links. It is not quite as great as archive.org (I have been using them since I first heard of them in 2001 & 2002) but you can find some newer info for as long as Google keeps their caches stored.
    If you ever want to be a mod on this forum, just say the word and it will be done. I have a great deal of respect for you from the old M-F.

As for the new M-F, I don't have a whole lot to say about that. They do their thing and we do ours. Me and the Admin over there finally get along. And that can be good for both of our sites.

Welcome to Gurus.

BABY NEWB
    Mobile Files Advisor

Thank you for the kind words. My comments weren't meant to be either an endorsement or indictment of anyone as I have the luxury from my previous efforts and reputation of getting a bit of that elistist treatment. What I can say, is the admin over there does give out to those who either do or have made major contributions in the past (meaning the original MF) Premium status. While I understand his reasons and agree with the intent, I am not sure it is the best way, BUT as I learned long ago if you don't have a better idea, shut up. I don't at present have a better suggestion so...

Anyway, enough editorializing (if that is even a word).

I would be happy to help you out as a mod if you wish.
    Thanks again for the welcome!
    Last edited by drkcobra; 03-24-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast