Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Programming Guidle for Overdrive Pro to Verizon Pre-Paid (Part 1)

Programming the Overdrive Pro to Verizon.
    ----- Phone:Gusto2 Phone
    Using:DFS CDMA
    Using: HW Virtual SerialPort

NOTE:THIS IS DONE IN 2 PARTS, THE FORUM CAN ONLY ACCEPT SO MANY CHARACTERS PER POST.(PART 1 AND PART 2)
    [hide-thanks]
    This is assumed that those reading this have some knowledge of programming devices.

Connect the Gusto2 via USB cable.Then open DFS program.Connect to the Gusto by selecting to the Samsung port. Do this by clicking the Port Tab. Once connected to the port you need to enter the Password and SPC Code.
    SPC Code is 210706 Password is: 2011101116083112

Click on the Programming Tab.You will see General, Nam, Data and Mobile IP; tabs under the programming tab. Click on each tab and do a read on all of the areas of each tab you select. Once the info is done you will need to make some changes. The IMEI read you do in the General page, will show nothing as Gusto2 does not have IMEI.

Lets do each page:

Changes:Do a read on the General Page.On the General Page select NV_Only under the Ruim Confg. Setting.At the SPC setting change the 210706 code to 000000. You will want to do this change to 000000 as the Overdrive Pro uses that SPC Code.Next go to your Nam Page and do your read there. You will notice that the IMSI Box at the middle left side of the page is empty. Insert the IMSI number in that box. Get the IMSI number by clicking on the Equipment Tab left to the Programming Tap and it’s under the column Snapshot. Get that number go back to the Nam and enter that number. Next is you PRL. You can get your PRL on your read. Load that PRL in your saved files.As a note, your Gusto2 will also show your PRL.
    Next is Data Tab. Before doing your read for this page you want to check 3 boxes. They arePPP, HDR AN, HDR AN Long Keys and are on the left side of the screen. Make sure that all 3 boxes have the same info. You will have your phone number with the Verizon address.Example: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. That’s all you have to do to this page.Next is the Mobile IP Tab.Do a read on this page. There is only 1 read button. Once you have done your read you need to make some changes to this page as unlike the Novatel or Samsung MiFi’s, the Overdrive Pro uses Profile 1 instead of Profile 0. To be safe we will program both Profile 0 & 1 with the same info but will use Profile 1 on our WRITE.

So you can reference to this, there are 4 sample pages attached to this instructional to make it easier for your step by step programming.

Ok, now we do a disconnect of the Gusto2. Click on the icon to the right of the Ports tab and you will see it turn red.Open your HW Virtual Serial Port program. You will need to set some items on this program. Click the login button. Another box will pop up, just click OK.Next you will need to uncheck NV Enabled Tab in the Settings Tab Page. Then go to the Virtual Serial Port Page and set up your Virtual Serial Port.Under Port Name, select COM13.Under IP Address select 192.168.0.1. Under Port enter 5503.
    Next, connect your Overdrive Pro to the USB cable.Make sure the Overdrive Pro is off. It will turn on when you connect the USB, and that’s fine. Wait about 30 seconds or less and you will see the VSP Status say Created and the Lan Status say Connected. This has to say that.If you have problems, connect to the Overdrive Pro via wireless and USB. That seems to help if you run into problems. Once your connected via HW, minimize the program and go back to DFS.Click on Ports. You should see a selection with ELTIMA COM13. Click on that selection and you should see the red port connection icon turn green. Once your connected to the Overdrive Pro, you will need to enter your SPC and Password. Some don’t use the password and just the SPC, but do both, it cannot hurt. Your Overdrive Pro SPC Code is 000000. The Overdrive Pro Password is: 563085992436B40A. Click the Programming Tab and select General Page and clickWRITE on all of the tabs. Then click on the Nam Tab for its page and click on the 2 WRITE tabs.Go to Data Page and do WRITE as well. Note: There is only 1 WRITE tab on this page. Now go to the final page.Mobile IP. We have to do some minor changes here. First, under Select Profile Settings, you want to make sure there is no “dun” in either the NAI or the RM NAI. Both should be the same. It should be this: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].NOT [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Remember, REMOVE THE dun. Your AAA and HA should already have the hex keys in from your Gusto2 read. Now we move over to the Mobile IP Main Settings. This is important if you want to Overdrive Pro to work. You must make Profile 0 and 1 the same and leave it on Profile 1 when doing your WRITE.First thing you do is make sure Profile 1 is like we just discussed.It should be set.Now you check the first RED Profile Dot and in the Active Profile box change from O to 1. You will see that the profile is different to the right. What you need to do is copy and paste your Profile 0 setting to a notepad and paste them to Profile 1 have it ready for your WRITE. Once you have made sure Profile 1 is the same as Profile 0 your ready to do your WRITE.Click WRITE and when it’s done, then click Write Current Profile Settings. At this point and time you should be done. Click the port tab next to the Ports tab and it will turn red. Remove the USB cable and remove battery from the Overdrive Pro and that will do a reset.Turn on Overdrive Pro and it should be ready for you to connect to your service. You may need to go through the connection process by selecting 3g service only and GPS. But it should connect. Your SSID and Password should be on your screen display on your Overdrive Pro. Just remember you can reference to the pics that are with this instruction.
    NOTE: The numbers used are not real but they are laid out as if they were accurate. Good Luck !

Words of Wisdom: You have to be real about what you pay for your internet service. Paying $100.00 for an Refill Card to get a year will not work. I know they advertise on Ebay, but taking that option will only get you shut down. The least you should pay is $35.00 for a Refill Card. Be smart and not so cheap.[/hide-thanks]
    Last edited by fbguy57; 04-16-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Newb

Default Re: Programming Guidle for Overdrive Pro to Verizon Pre-Paid (Part 1)

This isn't an old thread but I am unable to view the guide. Can anyone assist? Thanks

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

press the like button to view the content
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Thank you. It was a safari issue that wast precluding me from accessing it. What's meant by "the least you should pay is $35 for a refill card?" Does that mean refill every month with a $35 dollar card? It doesn't seem unreasonable but I want to be sure.

Newb

Is this still process still up and working for Verizon??

Newb

Hi i am new to flashing, i am trying to do this one i have a gusto 2, and I have done everything exactly as it says in the guide, but the IMSI on DFS shows as 15 Zeros(000 00 0000000000) could someone help me out why this is occurring?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast