Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Default Fun activity to fill my day

Going over to my sister-in-law's house to "evict" her roommate today.
    Her roommate has never met me, so i can going in posing as the property owner whom she
    has also never met. Going to have my sister-in-law's lease in hand and inform her roommate that
    the lease the she has is void cuz the lease i gave to the TENANT said there was to be no
    subleasing of the property....
    I think this is going to be hilarious...going to take video of it on my phone...so i might post it lol.

haha sounds fun

Oh yes what Drama.
    Good luck Here in Texas You have to give them 30 days notice to move, Once they have received mail and have clothing (personal stuff) at that address, that is it. Even If the lease forbids thier being there (you can sue for damages good-luck), notice is required. Then If they dont' move after 30 days you are required to go through the Eviction process. Another 6 weeks and $100-150.
    Illegal Eviction can cost you a lot of $$$. I know this is true for Landlords I don't know about pretend landlords.

I'd love to see the video....
    Last edited by Help; 03-15-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling
    If you are helped, hit the Thanks button. (Us Noob's need the Rep)

Walk in peace

Quote Originally Posted by DankOfOwnage View Post
    Going over to my sister-in-law's house to "evict" her roommate today.
    Her roommate has never met me, so i can going in posing as the property owner whom she
    has also never met. Going to have my sister-in-law's lease in hand and inform her roommate that
    the lease the she has is void cuz the lease i gave to the TENANT said there was to be no
    subleasing of the property....
    I think this is going to be hilarious...going to take video of it on my phone...so i might post it lol.
    Be cautious, it could backfire and cause your sister and the real landlord to be dragged into court for an illegal eviction.
    Here in Utah Renter rights laws are really different, if your sisters lease said no sublease that would be between the landlord and her. If your sis signed a sublease on someone else illegally she would be held responsable for damages and could face criminal actions for renting property she had no rights to.
    But all and all it depends on the roommates violations of the sublease, and what kind of person the roommate is.

I evicted my sister inlaw in Sept. in November she tried suing both me and my landlord (landlord had no idea till they were served), I explained the whole thing to my landlord and they went to bat with me and she lost in court and had to pay up the ###.

I hope your sister is on good terms with her landlord.

But deffinatly post a vid.

Premium Member

Oh yeah, legally i had no legs to stand on...my hopes were that she wouldn't even question my authority...which she didn't lol.
    Had she called the cops i woulda bolted. But she got all her stuff out.
    Wish i were able to take the video but, my plan was to walk right in on her sleeping or whatever and pretend to be shocked that
    anyone still occupied the apartment but i got there while her and her friends went to the store.

I met them outside, asked who they were and told them that they had an hour to vacate the property so i can do a "move out inspection"
    and show the property to other prospective renters later tonight.

I hit pause on the video after 5 mins of walking around the house and realizing no one was there...thought i hit unpause right before i talked
    to her, but when i looked back down it was still paused.

On a side note, enV Touch's camera is awesome...super clear and crisp video with good audio. SO much better than my sister-in-law's
    Nokia with a 5.0mp camera.

Quote Originally Posted by DankOfOwnage View Post
    Oh yeah, legally i had no legs to stand on...my hopes were that she wouldn't even question my authority...which she didn't lol.
    Had she called the cops i woulda bolted. But she got all her stuff out.
    Wish i were able to take the video but, my plan was to walk right in on her sleeping or whatever and pretend to be shocked that
    anyone still occupied the apartment but i got there while her and her friends went to the store.

I met them outside, asked who they were and told them that they had an hour to vacate the property so i can do a "move out inspection"
    and show the property to other prospective renters later tonight.

I hit pause on the video after 5 mins of walking around the house and realizing no one was there...thought i hit unpause right before i talked
    to her, but when i looked back down it was still paused.

On a side note, enV Touch's camera is awesome...super clear and crisp video with good audio. SO much better than my sister-in-law's
    Nokia with a 5.0mp camera.
    Glad it all worked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast