Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Flash Q9's to CricKet able to *228 and get EVDO

DO NOT TRY THIS WITHOUT FIRST UNDERSTANDING THE RISKS (NO ONE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE BUT YOU). A bricked (dead) phone is a real possibility. I bring this info only because my phone is so much more usable now. (Faster internet access and no more roaming problems.)
    EDUCATE YOURSELF UNTIL YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THE RISKS AND THE PROCESSES - PROCEED AT YOU OWN RISK
    ( MAKE SURE you have a fully charged battery before flashing as a half charged battery CAN result in a BRICK)

Here is what you will need.
    1. Download and unzip

a. RSD lite (4.2 works better on stuck phones)([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) Link found on google...

b. RSD General. Link found here at CDMAgurus ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

c. Generic monsterfile for Q9c. Monsterfiles for the 9c & 9m are interchangeable, a monsterfile for any other model will likely brick the phone. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    Link from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    d. USCC (US Cellular) 6.1 wm update file for Q9c ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    Link found on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

f. ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) (I disable ActiveSync when I use either RSD program, by right clicking on the ActiveSync icon. Then going to connections and uncheck “allow USB connections” and “open ActiveSync when device connects”. Click OK to save)

g. Cricket PRL file (rla or .prl). I have used 1039, 1040 and 1042. They all work well. 1050 does not OTA, at least not here in south central Texas. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ] also at howardforums [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

h. You will need 7-Zip or somthing to extract the files you have just downloaded. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) (WinRar...[Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

2. I suggest you get your MIN and MDM. You may not need this if all goes well. However it is easier to get it off an activated phone than from Cricket.
    On an activated Q, type##073887* like you are making a call. Enter your spc for the “security code” (may be 000000) Click on ”User Activation” then “ Nam1” record your “MIN” a 10 digit number that looks like a phone number but is usually not and the “MDM” which is your 10 digit phone number.
    Backup your phone (you will lose everything on the phone).PIM Backup.../www.hellomotoq.com/forums/downloads/file466.html
    Found in HellomotoQ downloads

3 If you understand and are comfortable with the risks and the processes…
    Master Reset the phone.
    Install HTC unlock and execute it or Application unlock the phone with these Register hacks….go to… HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies:
    Change the DWORD named "1001" to 1
    Change the DWORD named "1005" to 40
    (Unlocking may not be necessary; I have flashed a few phones now, without unlocking, though it seems like a good idea)

4. Open RSD lite
    Load & write the generic monsterfile.
    To load a file into RSD lite, click on the small box with an underscore in it to the right of the file name box. Then navigate to the file you want to load. Click "Open” to load.
    Press Start to write the file to the phone. This takes a while (for a monsterfile up to 10-25 min). Don’t mess with the phone while RSD is writing to it, until the final step, when RSD will ask you to manually restart the phone. If the phone won’t restart or is already booted, leave it connected and remove the battery for a moment and the phone should start to reboot. It may still be 2-5 mins more before you get the “finished pass” statement from RSD Lite.
    Load then write USCC 6.1 update with RSD lite
    Just like you did with the monsterfile
    (If your Q got stuck in the “boot loop” or bootloader mode don’t panic. Just put the Q into flash mode (bootloader's) by removing the battery and depressing and holding the return and * buttons while reinserting the battery. Then do it again.
    Last edited by Help; 07-20-2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: changing links

5. Open RSD General
    (I didn’t worry about it saying does not support this phone or did not parse matrix file…)
    Click on “provisioning”
    Check on the boxes (left of the blue lettering) PRL, EVDO, Mobile IP, and RTT data
    Click “Read Phone” (This may take 5-7 mins depending on your computer and the version of RSD General you are using.)
    Click on “PRL” (maroon or blue lettering)
    Click “Open File” and navigate to the .rla or .prl file you have chosen
    Click on “EVDO”.
    Enter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for all usernames and
    cricket for all passwords.
    Go to “Mobile IP” (click on the maroon or blue “Mobile IP”)
    . For behavior select simple IP only
    Initial Registration chose 1750
    Registration Retries type 2
    QC optimized dormant handoff checked
    Mobile Node Authentication select RFC2002bis
    MN_Authenticator enter 800100
    DMU Public ID type 10
    Network Access ID [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reverse Tunneling checked

Now click on RTT Data
    QNC chose Disabled
    MDR select SO 33 (if available)
    SCRM = yes
    R_SCH = yes
    Pocket = NO
    Preferred chose RC3
    Data…IS-707 SO
    Primary DNS = 192.190.109.42
    Secondary DNS = 192.190.109.43
    Dial enter #777
    PDC username [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    PDC Password cricket
    PAP/PPP all usernames and passwords are the same
    MAKE SURE ALL IS CORECT BEFORE you write to phone
    RSD General should tell you it was successful writing to the phone.
    You should be able to OTA *228 or *22804 (if the phone has been activated)

If you still can’t make a call to OTA … then try this
    Type ##073887* press green button like you are making a call
    Enter 000000 for your security code (also called the SPC)
    Click on “User Activation”
    Click on “Nam1”
    Edit your “MIN” (you found in step 1 g…usually not your phone number but 10 digits, and looks like a phone number)
    Edit your “MDM” (your 10 digit phone number)
    Now you should be able to talk and text
    Last edited by Help; 03-10-2010 at 02:43 PM.

6. Cricket WAP setting:
    Now make sure ActiveSync shows the phone Connected
    Download Q.zip (link found here on CDMAgurus....[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) This file should be unzipped and the Q folder is to be placed in your C drive: not to any folder just C:
    In the Q folder you have 3 important files rapiconfig.exe, Command Prompt and delete-n-set.xml
    Right click on the file delete-n-set.xml and open with notepad and replace [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    So 5055505050 will be replaced with your 10 digit phone number.
    Click on file->save and close the notepad
    Open the Command Prompt (the one inside the Q folder) and type after the “>” cd C:\Q and enter
    Then the cursor will move down to the next line and you should see this C:\Q>

Type this in >rapiconfig.exe /p delete-n-set.xml (yes there is a space between exe and /p
    So it should look like this C:\Q>rapiconfig.exe /p delete-n-set.xml). Now hit enter.
    Then you will see “Config results written to output file RapiconfigOut.xml.”
    “Config succeeded.”
    You should be able to go to most any web site on the Q9 now.

7. MMS SETTINGS:
    Load the phmregistry ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) into your phone and install. Click ok when it says “may not display properly because it was designed for previous version”, and click done
    Go to Start and open PHM Registry Editor (on the phone)

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Motorola -> MMS -> Profiles

Now in Profiles you will see USCC MMS1 and USCC MMS2
    Highlight and Delete USCC MMS2. by pressing Menu and chose Delete
    Highlight and Rename USCC MMS1 to Crkt MMS by pressing Menu and choose Rename...
    Highlight Crkt MMS, press values then you will see ActiveProfiles
    Highlight and Delete ActiveProfiles and press done to save the changes, and then back arrow until “Crkt MMS”is highlighted
    Click on "Crkt MMS." In here you won’t see anything until you press “Values”.
    Then you should see the following:

Data Connections
    Gateway
    IP Address
    Lock
    MMSC URL
    Port

Now choose “IP Address”. Set the “value data”to“10.3.0.41”. Make sure you hit “Done” to save the setting and then it will bring you back to the list above.

Choose “MMSC URL” and edit to read [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and click done to save.

Choose “Port” and make sure it reads“8080” and click done to save

That’s it… you are done. Go to your home screen and restart your phone

I must inform you, none of these ideas are mine. Homage should be paid to all those who have given freely of their time and intellect to grant us, the freedom to use whatever phone we want on whatever network. These pioneers, if you will, beezlewaxin with his incredible work on the Wap settings: NfuryVIII, amoamare, and samsung415 and many others who I should remember, I give my humble appreciation. A job well done, yet many still explore for improvements, including you and me.

Educators call it cheating, We call it teamwork
    Last edited by Help; 03-11-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Don’t take this lightly, sometimes things go WRONG.
    NO ONE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE BUT YOU.

These links are not mine and do change sometimes. If any are dead, please PM me, but dont let that stop you.
    Search this forum. Search Google. Search this custom PhoneTech search engine... [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Post If I can help. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Good luck, peace
    Help

If you try this, drop a post and let us all know how it went. I hope all this makes it easier for you.
    If it worked, how about clicking the THANKS button ( I need the Rep's).
    If you find any of these Pioneers (beezewaxin, NfuryVIII, amoamare and others) give them thanks. They did the work.
    Last edited by Help; 03-10-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Good write up! You have a few links that are not working but good write up still.
    They are in
    D
    F
    and I
    But good work and thank you for the contribution. Look forward to more like this.

Very nice write up, great job!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast