Join Today

Site Sponsor

Threaded View

Default Flash Q9's to CricKet able to *228 and get EVDO

DO NOT TRY THIS WITHOUT FIRST UNDERSTANDING THE RISKS (NO ONE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE BUT YOU). A bricked (dead) phone is a real possibility. I bring this info only because my phone is so much more usable now. (Faster internet access and no more roaming problems.)
    EDUCATE YOURSELF UNTIL YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THE RISKS AND THE PROCESSES - PROCEED AT YOU OWN RISK
    ( MAKE SURE you have a fully charged battery before flashing as a half charged battery CAN result in a BRICK)

Here is what you will need.
    1. Download and unzip

a. RSD lite (4.2 works better on stuck phones)([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) Link found on google...

b. RSD General. Link found here at CDMAgurus ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

c. Generic monsterfile for Q9c. Monsterfiles for the 9c & 9m are interchangeable, a monsterfile for any other model will likely brick the phone. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    Link from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    d. USCC (US Cellular) 6.1 wm update file for Q9c ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    Link found on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

f. ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) (I disable ActiveSync when I use either RSD program, by right clicking on the ActiveSync icon. Then going to connections and uncheck “allow USB connections” and “open ActiveSync when device connects”. Click OK to save)

g. Cricket PRL file (rla or .prl). I have used 1039, 1040 and 1042. They all work well. 1050 does not OTA, at least not here in south central Texas. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ] also at howardforums [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

h. You will need 7-Zip or somthing to extract the files you have just downloaded. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) (WinRar...[Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

2. I suggest you get your MIN and MDM. You may not need this if all goes well. However it is easier to get it off an activated phone than from Cricket.
    On an activated Q, type##073887* like you are making a call. Enter your spc for the “security code” (may be 000000) Click on ”User Activation” then “ Nam1” record your “MIN” a 10 digit number that looks like a phone number but is usually not and the “MDM” which is your 10 digit phone number.
    Backup your phone (you will lose everything on the phone).PIM Backup.../www.hellomotoq.com/forums/downloads/file466.html
    Found in HellomotoQ downloads

3 If you understand and are comfortable with the risks and the processes…
    Master Reset the phone.
    Install HTC unlock and execute it or Application unlock the phone with these Register hacks….go to… HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies:
    Change the DWORD named "1001" to 1
    Change the DWORD named "1005" to 40
    (Unlocking may not be necessary; I have flashed a few phones now, without unlocking, though it seems like a good idea)

4. Open RSD lite
    Load & write the generic monsterfile.
    To load a file into RSD lite, click on the small box with an underscore in it to the right of the file name box. Then navigate to the file you want to load. Click "Open” to load.
    Press Start to write the file to the phone. This takes a while (for a monsterfile up to 10-25 min). Don’t mess with the phone while RSD is writing to it, until the final step, when RSD will ask you to manually restart the phone. If the phone won’t restart or is already booted, leave it connected and remove the battery for a moment and the phone should start to reboot. It may still be 2-5 mins more before you get the “finished pass” statement from RSD Lite.
    Load then write USCC 6.1 update with RSD lite
    Just like you did with the monsterfile
    (If your Q got stuck in the “boot loop” or bootloader mode don’t panic. Just put the Q into flash mode (bootloader's) by removing the battery and depressing and holding the return and * buttons while reinserting the battery. Then do it again.
    Last edited by Help; 07-20-2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: changing links