Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Help View Post
    5. Open RSD General
    (I didn’t worry about it saying does not support this phone or did not parse matrix file…)
    Click on “provisioning”
    Check on the boxes (left of the blue lettering) PRL, EVDO, Mobile IP, and RTT data
    Click “Read Phone” (This may take 5-7 mins depending on your computer and the version of RSD General you are using.)
    Click on “PRL” (maroon or blue lettering)
    Click “Open File” and navigate to the .rla or .prl file you have chosen
    Click on “EVDO”.
    Enter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for all usernames and
    cricket for all passwords.
    Go to “Mobile IP” (click on the maroon or blue “Mobile IP”)
    . For behavior select simple IP only
    Initial Registration chose 1750
    Registration Retries type 2
    QC optimized dormant handoff checked
    Mobile Node Authentication select RFC2002bis
    MN_Authenticator enter 800100
    DMU Public ID type 10
    Network Access ID [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reverse Tunneling checked

Now click on RTT Data
    QNC chose Disabled
    MDR select SO 33 (if available)
    SCRM = yes
    R_SCH = yes
    Pocket = NO
    Preferred chose RC3
    Data…IS-707 SO
    Primary DNS = 192.190.109.42
    Secondary DNS = 192.190.109.43
    Dial enter #777
    PDC username [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    PDC Password cricket
    PAP/PPP all usernames and passwords are the same
    MAKE SURE ALL IS CORECT BEFORE you write to phone
    RSD General should tell you it was successful writing to the phone.
    You should be able to OTA *228 or *22804 (if the phone has been activated)

If you still can’t make a call to OTA … then try this
    Type ##073887* press green button like you are making a call
    Enter 000000 for your security code (also called the SPC)
    Click on “User Activation”
    Click on “Nam1”
    Edit your “MIN” (you found in step 1 g…usually not your phone number but 10 digits, and looks like a phone number)
    Edit your “MDM” (your 10 digit phone number)
    Now you should be able to talk and text

Last time i checked RSD General wont allow those settings to write to the fone on the MIP settings pages it says the values are not supported please correct me if im wrong but from what i have experienced flashing Q and Q9's thats what i get
    I am Dex's Lab of the Ohio Cricket Mafia
    Latest Exploit:
    Official Cricket TP2 and TP Rom from the Mafia
    Next Exploit:
    Palm Pixi Rom
    Quote:Pwnage is best served VIA USB Cable!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your input. That is what these forums are all about, POOLING OUR KNOWLEDGE.
    I noticed when I have read the phones, after flashing, that some the settings don't stick (the MIP settings, I believe, do). So there may be some over kill in this tutorial. But I know it works. At least now with RSD 5.2.9 that we can read the phone. I'll try to do that the next time I flash a Q9. If you can help weed out any stuff that is not needed, I would be grateful. (The tutorial will work for the "Classic Q's" But in #5 section , you only need to set the “Mobile IP Behavior” choose “Simple IP Only”. They don't use the other settings in that section. And of course use ONLY Classic Q firmware)
    If you have $$$ software like CDMAworkshop ect. Q9's can be flashed in less time and with less effort. (The Generic Monster is just a way of resetting the SPC\MSL,)
    To do this, No Special Flashing Knowledge is Needed. No HW Virtual Serial Port to mess with.
    You don't have to buy anything, just read, download and flash. This is really more of a noob way of getting EVDO and *228 ota (Over The Air) programming.

I look forward to your to your continued input.
    Last edited by Help; 03-13-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: added instructions for the classic Q

M-F Advisor
    Mobile Files Advisor

Please FEEL free to add this to your beginning post BUT on all PHONES ESPECIALLY THE Q or Q9's MAKE SURE you have a fully charged battery before flashing as a half charged battery CAN result in a BRICK

Quote Originally Posted by techcompsolutions View Post
    Please FEEL free to add this to your beginning post BUT on all PHONES ESPECIALLY THE Q or Q9's MAKE SURE you have a fully charged battery before flashing as a half charged battery CAN result in a BRICK
    I have flash several Q's n Q9s with only half charges. Never had a problem, but I'm sure in depends on the battery (what kind of shape it is in).
    An Excellent Suggestion. Thanks added to the first post.
    If you are helped, hit the Thanks button. (Us Noob's need the Rep)

Walk in peace

Newb

I need some help please, htc unlock says access denied when i try to write the new values and rsdlite fails every time any thoughts?

Newb

Default Some different experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Help View Post
    Thanks for your input. That is what these forums are all about, POOLING OUR KNOWLEDGE.
    I noticed when I have read the phones, after flashing, that some the settings don't stick (the MIP settings, I believe, do). So there may be some over kill in this tutorial. But I know it works. At least now with RSD 5.2.9 that we can read the phone. I'll try to do that the next time I flash a Q9. If you can help weed out any stuff that is not needed, I would be grateful. (The tutorial will work for the "Classic Q's" But in #5 section , you only need to set the “Mobile IP Behavior” choose “Simple IP Only”. They don't use the other settings in that section. And of course use ONLY Classic Q firmware)
    If you have $$$ software like CDMAworkshop ect. Q9's can be flashed in less time and with less effort. (The Generic Monster is just a way of resetting the SPC\MSL,)
    To do this, No Special Flashing Knowledge is Needed. No HW Virtual Serial Port to mess with.
    You don't have to buy anything, just read, download and flash. This is really more of a noob way of getting EVDO and *228 ota (Over The Air) programming.

I look forward to your to your continued input.
    Earlier this year I flashed about thirty q9's to Cricket - I found no matter what I tried, *228 would never work - always get unable to program (I am in Phoenix Area) . Virtually all the other phones I program work with *228, I usually just load PRL 1040 and set the sid to 4923 and they OTA, . Starting about September of this year I just happened to try *228 on a Q9 and it worked!, Since then I have done maybe 10 more q9's and they all worked with *228.

I think Cricket must have done something to their OTA system in the last few months to fix this.

Furthermore I have always used the Verizon Monster Pack WM 6.0 full and then 6.1 upgrade. Even the Sprint Q9's work with the VZW MP (except two keys reversed). Loading this MP, resets the SPC to 000000 (along with certain other parts of the NAM including PRL and I believe MDN/MIN) by loading the 6.0 VZW MP.

EVDO seems to work properly without all the manual settings suggested for NAM/MIP etc.

Using INsainecain's QCKTMMS.CAB (google it) eliminates virtually all the MMS setup, just run the cab and reboot.

I appreciate your work on this, just trying to make things a little simpler and easier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast