Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr._Administrator Mr._Pseudonym's Avatar

Cool ;^) New Sprint goodie.

;^) Sprint has a new goodie on offer; their "[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]." Basically, it's a Wi-Fi router that connects to Sprint via Mobile Broadband, on 4G.

It sure would be fun to hack that to Cricket! Who wants to do it first?
    Last edited by Mr._Pseudonym; 03-05-2010 at 03:07 AM. Reason: :^/ The link needs to look more link-like....
    Official CricKet Mafia member

Apprentice

I have an Overdrive... No reason to flash one of these when MiFis are out there. Just flash one of those, or, better yet, get one of these: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Plug in your Cricket USB modem and BOOM --> Mobile Hotspot

Sprint finally decided 2 come out with 4G huh. They've only been talking about it 4ever
    If U don't have NEthing useful 2 post, don't post NEthing @ all

Mr._Administrator Mr._Pseudonym's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VicFreeze View Post
    I have an Overdrive... No reason to flash one of these when MiFis are out there. Just flash one of those, or, better yet, get one of these: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Plug in your Cricket USB modem and BOOM --> Mobile Hotspot
    ;^) Vic, You da man! That's a pretty sweet setup, all right.

:^/ However, my only USB Mobile Broadband card has been disassembled to move its embedded PCI-mini card to my Dell XPS M1210 laptop, where it enables me to surf wherever I wander. The Sprint hardware listed above would enable me to share a connection with others without requiring additional hardware to plug into it.
    Official CricKet Mafia member

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Pseudonym View Post
    :^/ However, my only USB Mobile Broadband card has been disassembled to move its embedded PCI-mini card to my Dell XPS M1210 laptop, where it enables me to surf wherever I wander. The Sprint hardware listed above would enable me to share a connection with others without requiring additional hardware to plug into it.
    You should look into finding a used MiFi 2200 (Sprint or Verizon), as they are the same thing as the Overdrive..minus the 4G capability (which you don't need unless you are paying for a subscription from Sprint). They are also being sold cheap by people on CL that are upgrading on Sprint. You can ask them to reactivate theirs online to their Sprint account and ask them to save the confirmation screen with the SPC too to save the headache of trying to get it yourself.

And @Tannus, 4G has been out for a little over a year in some markets already. It really cooked when I was out in Baltimore last fall and it was decent in Vegas too.

BANNED for breaking the rules cricketmodder's Avatar

Or you can just hack a verizon netbook to cricket broadband thats my next market

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast