Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Sprint Need To Install Different Sprint PRL On Sprint iPhone 5c

The instructions for the iPhone 5 OS7 that are floating around the net do not work on the 5c and 5s.
    Last edited by TechGuru; 02-26-2014 at 08:56 PM.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Need To Install Special PRL On Sprint iPhone 5c

below is a guide to load your custom prl on your iphone.

[hide-thanks]
    once your phone activates a folder called Operatorbundle.bundle will appear in the library folder on the var side of the phone,replace the carrier.prl file in that folder with yours then make a .deb file for you prl and load it,upon reboot you will have your prl on your phone. you will need to have commcenter patched/fixed for this to work or you will not get any services.[/hide-thanks]
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    below is a guide to load your custom prl on your iphone.

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***
    That's a alias of the same folder I've been working in, there is no .PRL file in that folder on a 5C.

I don't know what you mean by make a DEB file.

I did get the phone doing something with it at one point, it kept just searching for service and restarting the radio cuz no sim kept flashing up every min.

It has been well established on other sites that previous methods do not work on the 5c and 5s.

Newb

Anyone have a solution? 5c's and 5s's do not have a PRL file in the Sprint folder to replace and adding one and setting the push flag does nothing!

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

i already told you you can inject your prl and set it via deb file or just inject your entire carrier bundle with a properly made .deb file this is already being done by most of the sim imposer companies i.e.gpp & gevey only they have a small utility that injects there carrier .deb on your phone for you.right now the phone uses the sprint sim in the phone to pull prl and carrier info from thats why with no sim its misbehaves.if you are going to go the route of only injecting the prl you will need to put a carrier.prl folder into that operator folder and then you will still need to change the sid wich means you will need to bypass sig cks at the commcenter,bb and bundle level,also there is a entitlement check in that sprint bundle you will need to remove that portion of the plist after you patch/fix commcenter.
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 02-24-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Sprint Re: Need To Install Special PRL On Sprint iPhone 5c

Ok, but how exactly do I do that?

My phone is JB'd of course. I have installed the commcenter patch (TetherMe is installed too BTW) and I use iTools 2013 on my PC to access the filesystem.

I have no idea how to make a DEB, just know where to put ones already made to be auto installed upon boot.

You mention the SID, I have no idea why the system ID would need to be changed, I'm simplly needing to replace the consumer sprint PRL with the enterprise sprint PRL.

This is the PRL I need installed: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by TechGuru; 02-26-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast