Join Today

Site Sponsor

Default 2 pay or not 2 pay

So the most common debate I seem 2 C lately is "solutions should B shared" or "I worked hard on this & I want some compensation".

These R my thoughts on the situation from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I want 2 know what U think?
    Last edited by Tannus; 03-01-2010 at 08:18 AM.
    If U don't have NEthing useful 2 post, don't post NEthing @ all

Old Timer

I think that if someone comes up with a solution they should be able to sell it if they want. Not everything is free in this world. However, if you came across a file for free and have it, I don't think you should charge for it.

I have learned that most of the flashing isn't always about knowledge, it is more about having the file that is going to allow you to do what you want. And that is the value of these solutions.
    Last edited by thesmitty68521; 03-01-2010 at 08:22 AM.

Mr._Administrator Mr._Pseudonym's Avatar

;^) I say that anyone who feels that solutions should be free is perfectly free to share any solution he invents. Likewise, anyone who wishes to charge for a solution he invents should be free to do so.

However, it occurs to me that most of the folks who want solutions to be free are talking about solutions other people have invented....
    Official CricKet Mafia member

Premium Member

I'm mixed on it. There are some solutions that are huge. Those should involve some form of donation. I've donated to many causes for solutions I've received. The average "free" user wants it for personal use and doesn't care to pay an arm and a leg for something they'll only use once. I think it's a timing fee. In the start, it should be payed for. In the end, you can always post it after you've milked every dime out of it.
    To simply seek is overrated. That's why you have search.