Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: SIM card needed on Verizon Note 2, Note 3, S4 to get 3G data working on Boost?

lol ya the vzw lte sim that come in it
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

Default Re: SIM card needed on Verizon Note 2, Note 3, S4 to get 3G data working on Boost?

Really? I tried a couple of old Verizon LTE SIM cards (used/deactivated) but voice, SMS, 3G data don't work. But when I put in a Red Pocket or Lycamobile SIM...voice, SMS, 3G data work fine.

CDMA GURUS Booster

well i guess that would depend on how the phone was set up,i do not flash to boost but it shouldnt make any diff unless you mod filesys,calls and text work without the lte sim but data does not without the card,but we dont go to the trouble of rooting and filesys edits to flash to cricket,pp or next g,we only change the phone to cdma & evdo and set vzw int. timer to 10 in the service menu,for boost you have root i assume, and make some edits and use values from donar phone.

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

Apprentice

I finally got the MMS ironed out. It turns out that on Verizon variants of the Note 2, Note 3, S4, etc, the flashed phone's MDN isn't being passed correctly in the stock messaging app when there's a SIM card inserted in the phone. So you must modify the stock messaging app to allow you to insert your MDN. An alternative solution is to use the app "8sms" available free from Google Play store. This messaging app can take the place of the phone's stock messaging app. You can configure the following settings:
    1) MMSC
    2) MMS Proxy
    3) MMS Port
    4) Phone Number (MDN)

Without all 4 configured, I couldn't send MMS. Most messaging apps can only be configured to set the first 3 items above. When you insert a SIM card in a Verizon phone, the SIM card tells the phone its MDN. Even if you flash the correct MDN in the phone, it will still use the MDN from the SIM card. Therefore when you send an MMS message, you're sending it the wrong MDN...and thus the MMS send attempt is being rejected. With 8sms app, you're able to set your desired MDN and MMS goes through.

I spent hours and hours looking at build.prop, telephony.db, etc., etc., and no matter what I did I couldn't get MMS to work. Luckily I found a clue as to what was happening with these Verizon phones.

Rich, can you explain a little bit what you meant when you wrote "vzw int. timer to 10 in the service menu "

Thanks again!
    Last edited by OdyMan; 11-29-2013 at 03:51 AM.

CDMA GURUS Booster

hmm,8sms i have not seen that one,i will have to look it up.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    that one was compiled by dexter,and works on the vzw lte phones for most carriers as you can see.
    it is the one i am using when i need to bypass sim mdn

that service menu is accessible via (##program or ##program#) some of the phones will need to have hidden menus enabled before the phone will respect that code.
    Once in there simply change lte mode(lte test settings/SIM type) to off/disable or 3g and where you see lte,cdma,evdo and gsm/wcdma (in test mode tab)change that to cdma and evdo only then vzw interactive timer from -1 to 10 you can also turn off ehrpd there is no use for it since lte will be disabled and no need for fallback.the less processes running on your phone the better.
    but like i said if you disable lte and sim required via filesystem edits then you can use native mms,but it is much more work,but a nicer finished product when native functions work.anyway glad you got it going
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 11-29-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Newb

Is there another name for this interactive timer?

I'm having trouble getting 3G on Page Plus on my vzw note 2. I have 1xRTT/3G I know its only 2G.

I have researched alot about OTA authentication. Clear keys, ESN change ect...

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying my hardest not to smash this phone into tiny pieces.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast