Join Today

Site Sponsor

Default Samsung Eternity not going past at&t screen

It loads status bar fine, shows at&t and like tweaks out and restarts when plugged in, otherwise it wont even start at all. any idea what to do? I'm assuming reloading os/software but I don't really use gsm based phones so don't know how

Premium Member

I'd bet it's bricket, but you could reload os....
    To simply seek is overrated. That's why you have search.

Premium Member

Have a look here. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Im not sure if they have flashing instructions or not.

ive been there, and thats what was suggested, didnt work. but if anyone happens to come across that I copied down the tutuorial from there:

"
    Things you will need:
    1. Samsung USB Data cable.
    2. Your "thought to be" useless phone!
    3. Samsung Eternity Firmware which can be downloaded here.....[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    4. Multiloader v5.5 which can be downloaded by the attachment below.....(Thank you Berdman21 !!)

Steps:
    1. Put your bricked phone in bootloader mode by holding down the red power button and the down volume button at the same time until the screen pops up.
    2. Open up Multiloader v5.5 and under the "control" box, select "MSM6275/MSM6280/MSM6290"
    3. Plug your USB Data cable into your phone and into your computer (at this point port numbers should show up at the very bottom and the Download button should be highlighted, if not, do a "Port Search.")
    4. DON'T check any of the boxes above that say, Boot Change, Full Download, etc.... Boot and Apps should be the only tabs not highlighted below.
    5. Click on the "Amss" button and locate the Amss.bin folder and then click open.
    6. Click the "Rsrc1" button and locate the Rsrc.rc1 file and then open.
    7. Click the "Rsrc2" button and locate the Rsrc.rc2 file and then open.
    8. Click Download and the phone will then be reflashed. ( don't disconnect the cable until it tells you it is completed and the phone restarts.)

After the restart your phone should have all your personal data and settings the same...........if your phone is NOT fixed however, follow these steps for a FULL firmware flash.......[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PLEASE NOTE!!
    I have had and a few others have had the problem that their phones will not finish flashing and will freeze mid way through the process, if this happens you will need to retry the process on another computer. This happened to me on one of my laptops and so I tried another one of my computers and it works flawless on that computer. Couldn't tell you the reasoning behind this, only that others have experienced this and fixed it with another computer!"

Premium Member

On the hardware side, you might try cleaning the board with denatured alcohol and a toothbrush. Blow out under the chipset housings and make sure its dry before reconnecting. Every once and awhile I find this will fix a apparently dead phone. The theory is dust or dirt can interfere with the connections to memory causing the phone not to boot. Either way, if all software fails, might be worth a shot.

thanks, Ill try it why not