Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Before i can actually say that my attempt of this full flash was successful i need some confirmation first(this is my first FULL flash attempt). can someone explain why it is that the bootup animation is still the same and the there are still buttons for vz navigator, v cast videos, and the loading screen for the browser is the verizon wireless image?

interesting side note: the phone is not activated yet, but i appear to have full web access. that appears very odd to me, and dumb of cricket lol. can anyone explain why that is the case?
    Sound like a full flash.
    The Verizon crap, well that is almost impossible to remove. It's part of the firmware.
    For the WAP working, well I'll just say that cricket for you. With out violating rules discussing "theft of services" which it is because you only pay for it to work on one device. That's just how it is.

Newb

thanks for the confirmation whitey like i said i felt that i was finished and ready for activation but having never done this before its assuring to hear it from someone of experience. sucks the verzion crap won't go away. before now whenever i saw mention of a "full flash" i assumed it was a total replacement meaning all files, graphics and everything designed for the phone by cricket themselves. like changing the OS of a PC to mac if you will. same hardware but different code to run it. but frankly i was never quite sure of how i pictured a full flash for cell phones, as ive many times thought it odd in my research to see mention of a full flash to cricket for a phone that cricket never retailed... well now i know heh. MANY thanks again to both smitty and whitey!

There are some phones that people have spent time on to fully brand to cricket. Also if cricket carried the same model then it can be branded for the most part. There are some exceptions.

Old Timer

Hitting the thanks button works wonders. Just posting a "thank you" wastes your time and does nothing for the member's rep.

Newb

smitty you may need to reload the thread. i have indeed pressed the thanks button, both of them at the the times i posted. my browser shows my name among the list of those who have thanked you, and i can provide screen shots if you are still having trouble.

i actually enjoyed learning how to do this and view it as time well spent but if you believe you are making others waste their own time i will remember next time you don't want to be personally thanked at all for the help you provide...? im having trouble understanding that though. i think the point of this community is to publicly provide and exchange information regarding cdma cell phones among experts like yourself and a new member willing to learn and donate such as myself. if all you satisfy is reputation there's probably a better thing out there for you in the world. you're a great asset to the site though!! hope its cool to talk about this here though because i think its off topic. i believe you're supposed to private message someone if you want to give them your personal instructions and opinions. so back to the topic:

final update on my use of your flash in the OP: my best friend, who i flashed the dare for, has had the phone activated and all things are working well i know you prefer not to hear about it but he is very appreciative of your help as well smitty, thanks from both of us!!

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by HeshWantsCandy View Post
    smitty you may need to reload the thread. i have indeed pressed the thanks button, both of them at the the times i posted. my browser shows my name among the list of those who have thanked you, and i can provide screen shots if you are still having trouble.

i actually enjoyed learning how to do this and view it as time well spent but if you believe you are making others waste their own time i will remember next time you don't want to be personally thanked at all for the help you provide...? im having trouble understanding that though. i think the point of this community is to publicly provide and exchange information regarding cdma cell phones among experts like yourself and a new member willing to learn and donate such as myself. if all you satisfy is reputation there's probably a better thing out there for you in the world. you're a great asset to the site though!! hope its cool to talk about this here though because i think its off topic. i believe you're supposed to private message someone if you want to give them your personal instructions and opinions. so back to the topic:

final update on my use of your flash in the OP: my best friend, who i flashed the dare for, has had the phone activated and all things are working well i know you prefer not to hear about it but he is very appreciative of your help as well smitty, thanks from both of us!!
    You are totally missing the point here and frankly taking it completely wrong. Let me say first off, I am willing to help anybody on here. I will get on people about hitting the thank you button as it increases their reputation and lets other forum members know that is a proven solution. It isn't about ego or recognition. If you want to write a special thank you post, feel free to. I have no problem with that. But hit the thank you button as it lets those who are new know that that solution works.

Since you are so willing to air out the problem you have with me in public, I will say that the way you came across in your PM and on here was way more rude than I came across and is a violation of forum rules.

FYI: I am not a high ranking member on here, I along with Dex am an administrator and co creators of this site. I challenge you to look through my posts and tell me where I got on a member about searching, using the thank you button, or asking for a more detailed explanation where I didn't at least attempt to help them out with their problem. You won't find one so don't waste your time. Now, go to another forum and ask the same questions you did on here and watch the posts come back berating you about how you are a newbie and you should search, etc and then you will truly know what rude is.

In conclusion, let me say this to you, I take it personal when someone insults me for what I say on this forum when I have helped out a lot of people on here, not to mention dumped a lot of my own money into this site to make it a possibility.
    Last edited by thesmitty68521; 07-29-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast