Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default what are you using for your MIFI programming now that...

What carrier and plan are you using for your MIFI programming now that Boost has taken away the .50c per day wireless internet plan?

John

Apprentice

Default Re: what are you using for your MIFI programming now that...

luckly mine got grandfathered in,, I wonder if it would work on the daily unlimited plan like it does with vzw... hmm

Quote Originally Posted by bakenast View Post
    luckly mine got grandfathered in,, I wonder if it would work on the daily unlimited plan like it does with vzw... hmm
    Prob so, but cost is the killer...

PS --- bakenast, I have a question about something I've seen on eBay. Can't figure out what the seller is actually doing. Can I pm you the link for you to check out? Don't want to post it here.
    Last edited by pede69; 10-08-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Apprentice

yea send it, but i really dont know what im doing most of the time either. lol

The cost is my concern.

Actually my wife is a bit pissy. We have a Version Note2 and a Verizon S3 on Boost (sort of). (guess which one is mine ) and I have not been able to get data on either of them. (well... I did somehow manage to get 1x on mine), the S3. Done her's exactly the same, don't know what's up with that.

Several people here have TeamViewed in with me and have not been able to figure it out either. And one of them flashes phones on a very regular basis. Even wrote a guide on flashing the Verizon phones to Boost.

Already error 16'ed three times. I'm a bit gun shy now. I'm sure our account has been flagged somehow. Worried that If I keep having to call them, they will can my account.

So the point is, she wants the MIFI to get data on her Note 8 and Note2 because I have not figured out the phone data issue yet. And I don't want an expensive plan, eventually I may figure it out.

Now that we have a couple MIFI's, Boost canned their el chepo plan.

That's why I'm asking what you guys are using now

John
    Last edited by pede69; 10-08-2013 at 04:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pede69 View Post
    What carrier and plan are you using for your MIFI programming now that Boost has taken away the .50c per day wireless internet plan?

John
    Using Verizon Prepaid Basic plans and as for the issue with your boost phones you seem to have 2 issues going on.

1 - Error 16 is an invaild device error which means sprint knows you have a flashed phone on your account. Simply put an old boost meid on the account for 30 min and then put your s3 or note 2 back on and the error 16 should go away. If not put the boost meid back on and call dealer support 800-boost4u and dial 88 then a dealer code like 10105 and then ask them to reset your account because the data is in and out. Once done put the s3 or note 2 back on the account.

2 - Your data error is a simple fix if you have a real 3g ----- and a programer that will write the evdo and m.ip settings which is where most weekend warrior fail when flashing to boost. You can use some of the free programs like qpst but unless you really know what your doing or have a .qnc file all the luck in the world wont help. Basically you need the data keys and user authentication off the ----- and then set your phones to profile 1 and you will get data.

Also, contrary to the fact that "a lot of guys from here have TV in and couldn't fix them" that dosent mean that your issue is serious. Actually your issues are very basic and there are a lot of members on CDMA Gurus who can "Log" right in and fix it. Most of those members however have business and don't flash for free. So as a last resort your could pay one of them and they would probably have both phones working correctly in under 20 minutes.

Also a lot of information on flashing to Boost with the correct settings can be found in the Premium Sections for paid members so you can go that route if you really want to learn how to do it yourself.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by elisa191; 10-09-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast