Join Today

Site Sponsor

Threaded View

Default Re: what are you using for your MIFI programming now that...

Well... the mighty elisa chimes in. I was wondering how long it would be before I could post something that I could get you to respond to without asking. hehe...

Well... everywhere I read, people are having a hard time flashing Verizon phones. Some don't seem like rookies.

The last error 16 came from the N2 with the BOOST incog data on it.

I've been using cdmaws 2.7 to pull aaa and ha keys and DFS 4.0 demo to write with.

Actually these phones have quite a history. While they are new-er phones, they were first flashed by a store in Orlando. Everything worked fine except MMS.

Well... I wont get into the details here but both of them inadvertently (or not) got rtn'ed back to Verizon.

And the saga began...

The cell store that did them (60 miles away) refused to do them again without paying. I could not do that again as I had two weeks prior been laid off. Total dicks. This happened within 7 days of original flashing. They would not give me the ----- phones and both the N2 and S3 showed Samsung M520's on our accounts. Both Rev 0 phones. Odd.

So... I have learned quite a bit working with these phones. I have now programmed 2 Sprint and 2 Virgin Mobile phones with no issues.

I purchased an incog and tried to do my wife's phone (N2) and there is NO difference. Voice and text, that's it.

Put the incog on her account, used all features a bit and then pulled AAA and HA keys, wrote data section and M.ip data section.

I did however write both profile 0 and 1 as AlpineMan suggest in his tutorial here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Been over a month now. I guess eventually I'll get the nerve to try again. I'm gun shy as far as our own phones go.

Thanks for replying elisa, I really do appreciate hearing from YOU.

Oh yeah, I really really am trying to learn all this and maybe down the road open a store, but I have ADD and finding a comprehensive easy to understand guide has eluded me thus far.

Thanks,

John
    Daytona Beach

PS - Is there any such thing as some kind of pre-configured file that I could load and just change the keys, meid, esn or whatever and write, and it would be good to go? This would ALSO help me learn. Is that what you meant by a qnc file?

PSS - I think what you are saying about the VW basic plan is that as long as you only use data and not voice or txt, you will not be charged the daily rate charge so you just keep on paying the basic plan charge and using data?
    Last edited by pede69; 10-09-2013 at 01:57 PM.