Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Premium Member

Default Re: Thinking about buying a Desktop/Laptop specifically for flashing

Only problem with the laptop/notebook theory is that you limit the number of phones you can flash at one time. Laptops have very few usb ports. The good about a laptop is that you are very mobile with it.

I just purchased a desktop at walmart brand new for $260. Dual core 2.6, 2gb ddr2, 320gb hd, and it has 9 usb ports. It's a mini tower as well so it fits wherever. This has really helped me with multi-flashes.
    To simply seek is overrated. That's why you have search.

Mr._Administrator Mr._Pseudonym's Avatar

;^) I hear you there. The main appeal to a laptop is the portability. But if you're looking for a dedicated phone flashing workstation that won't do much else, (and thus won't risk getting corrupted/rendered inoperative, etc.) -then a modest desktop is definitely a good way to go; every component is cheaper to replace, and the larger size makes it easier to work on. And as you've said the greater expandability makes it possible to flash multiple phones at once.

En masse phone flashing never occurred to me because I'm more of a hobbyist in this, and don't have the need to access more than one phone at a time.
    Official CricKet Mafia member

alright so just get a basic xp system for a backup, k just checkin. don't want mine to randomly stop working and get calls and be SOL lol
    thanks for all the imput

Premium Member

Might I suggest getting an external drive as backup? or using raid? That way you have a working backup at all times. The worst thing that could happen is you losing files. Trust me....It took me 5 days to recover the files, drivers, and other odds and ends.
    To simply seek is overrated. That's why you have search.

[quote author=meanngreen04 link=topic=350.msg1097#msg1097 date=1265955511]
    Might I suggest getting an external drive as backup? or using raid? That way you have a working backup at all times. The worst thing that could happen is you losing files. Trust me....It took me 5 days to recover the files, drivers, and other odds and ends.
    [/quote]

already got a 1TB external

Newb

I use a netbook ..Since I flash primarily for dealers and I go from store to store all day ...asus eeepc 1005ha with 2gbs of ram

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast